37 weeks and feeling hickups on my left side, up by my rib cage.

I know he is not head down :( he was at 28 weeks now he is head up.
Do you think he will go back head down, or is it too late now.
IF he DOESNT go back to head down, do I have to get a c-cetion, or can I still have a vaginal birth.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My dd wasn't head down at 38 wks, I was in labor, water broke, no amnoitic fluid. They couldn't get her to turn and her breech was feet behind her head. So I had an emergency C and really, it wasn't as bad as they say!!!! I was up and walking that night and I figure if this is the way she came, at least she is here!
    I'm sure there is still time, he could still go head down, they could try to turn him which DOES hurt like hell! You will know at the time of delivery what is best for your child... I've HEARD that 99% of breech babies are C section. I think it really depends where his feet are. Some women are able to give birth with a breech baby with their legs down vaginally, I wasn't. You can still bf and everything, just pushing him out doesn't happen. I hope all goes well, if it happens, at least he came out ok! :) GL!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:00 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• If the baby has turned breech, there are things you can do to try to turn the baby (like headstands in the swimming pool), but a vaginal birth is not lost, depending on the type of breech. If the baby is transverse or frank breech (back or butt first), or incomplete breech, where one leg is down, but one is up, then you would need a c-section, but if the baby is a complete breech, your doctor or midwife may be willing to do a vaginal birth. They can try an external version, which is when the doctor or midwife physically turns the baby from the outside, but that's VERY dangerous, and can do a lot of damage if not done properly, so you would only want it done by someone who has done it hundreds of times. You may also be feeling the hiccups in an area where the head is not (ideally!). You can have the doc check the position next time you are seen. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:02 AM on Aug. 3, 2009