Does anyone know a good detox method??

I'm starting on my hope to eat by the food guide pyramid for me and my son. I eat worse than he does and was just wondering if anyone knew of a good detox thing? I know water-but that doesnt' get rid of toxins really well. I don't want a pill, just something I can eat. Any ideas?

SaraP1989

Asked by SaraP1989 at 1:48 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• detoxing what exactly??
    drugs- or just toxins?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• No, not drugs. Just toxins..
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:53 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Don't worry about it. Evenutally with good health and eating habits your body will naturally detox itself.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 2:08 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• My sister and her DH did the South Beach Diet. You cut carbs out totally for 2 weeks. No carbs whatsoever. She said it was hard, and you get tired of eating the same things for 2 weeks straight but she lost like 19 pounds. Once the two week detox period is over it shows you how to gradually add good carbs back into your diet. Once she detox'd she said she no longer craves foods that are not good for her. She looks great and feels great. I got the book, and I am reading it now. The doctor has some very down to earth advice about healthy eating and living.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:50 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Eating right will be more effective if you detox the things that are already in your body. Drink lots of water and also try to find a place that does foot detoxes. It's crazy how it works but it pulls a ton of toxins from your body and most people feel totally rejuvenated after a couple times of doing it. Look up the details online!
    ARoseisaRose1

Answer by ARoseisaRose1 at 4:36 PM on Aug. 3, 2009