How much do you pay for your childs back to school shoes?

Why in the hell are shoes so darn much? $100 for a simple pair of tennis shoes. The cheapest pair of descent shoes were $80, what the hell?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 1:49 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Sadly, no more then $30 because they wear them out so much and I do not want to have my son worrying more abou this shoes and keeping them clean the what he should be worrying about. School and doing his best in Physical Ed. I can't tell you how many kids I see at the school I work at saying, "I can't play because my mom said my shoes are too expensive to get dirty".
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 1:59 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I would never ever ever spend more than 30 on kids shoes and thats pushing it.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 2:05 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I dont have kids to buy shoes for yet but I always have bought my baby sis shoes and I would spend about 100 a pair, u can say I was a wasteful teen and thought style was way important but now Im preg so I told her that she should appreciate what she gets from my mom because I need to make sure I have stuff for my baby before I spend money anywhere else and she ended up getting 2 pairs of shoes, adding up to $100. their cute and she likes them and their "cool" and its so improtant to her because she is going into middle school...Uggghh Here comes the drama
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 2:07 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Dom, there is nothing wrong with helping you lil sis and buying her shoes. That is good of you to do. I do buy the more expensive shoes for my son because good shoes are important, you can ask any doctor and they will tell you to buy good shoes. The cheaper ones do not have the support.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:12 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• totallly agree...I had to convince my mom to spend the 50 per pair that she did and in the end its worth it and they look nice so bonus points.

You can really tell the difference between a cheaper shoe and more expensive one. Way more support, balance, etc. gosh when I have my LO I hope I dont go crazy and spend all my money making sure he has the best "learning to walk shoe" hehehe I bet I will tho
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 2:21 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I just got a pair of really cute sandals for my DD for $10 on clearance.

I'm all for the bargain shopping!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 3:43 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I always do a buy one get one 1/2 off. I usually go to Sketchers outlet so each of my kids have a new pair. This year was $70 for both pairs. Look for local outlets near you.
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 8:29 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• $20. My kids have to wear dress shoes to school and we go to Payless. In fact we buy their sneakers from there or Target, too. There's no way I'm paying more then $20 for a pair of shoes they will outgrow in 3 months (or wear out). We just bought my son new sneakers a few months ago and he's already worn the heals out on them. He'll need a new pair before Christmas and he only wears them at home or on gym days.
    Although this year we'll have to pay more for my 6yo's school shoes because we can't find a pair that fit her wide feet at Target/Payless. So we're going to Stride Rite where we'll pay like $50 for a pair of shoes she'll probably only wear half the year.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:11 AM on Aug. 3, 2009