Do you have trouble sleeping with your S/O?

So, lately I have developed a crazy irritating case of insomnia. If I go to bed first, I fall asleep fine. But, when my boyfriend and I go to bed at the same time, which is most any night, recently, I just can't sleep at all. What's up?

sweetphoenix529

Asked by sweetphoenix529 at 1:54 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• I have severe insomnia as well and dont take any herbal meds anymore cause my doc cant guarantee their safety so Ive been stuck.

So I usually have my SO rub my back and he never goes to sleep before me because he knows I'll lay their awake. But I have found that some light exercise, even during my pregnancy, has helped me be more tired when it is time for me to go to bed
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 1:56 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I have insomnia and it aggrevates the piss out of me to lay in bed with my husband sleeping away I mean I know its not his fault I cant sleep but sometimes it really gets to me when he can just fall asleep on a dime. I used to not be able to sleep in the bed with anyone me and my ex had sepearate beds because I just coudlnt do it,now im good most of the time
    jendramis

Answer by jendramis at 2:07 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I have this problem too. I can fall asleep fine alone, but don't stay asleep if I am alone. I cannot fall asleep for hours if I go to bed with my husband though. He falls asleep within about 10 minutes of going to bed, and he snores like crazy. So I have started letting myself fall asleep on the couch and he wakes me when he goes to bed. Then I can fall back to sleep in bed before he falls asleep. It sucks, but it works for us.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:22 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I have terrible insomnia. I can NEVER fall asleep...Thats why Im up at 2am right now. Then when I do get up I am exhausted and I don't want to do anything around the house.
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 3:09 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• we all must have insomnia. poor husbands have to sleep all alone while were on cm.lol.
    mudgirl

Answer by mudgirl at 6:32 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• It is the opposite for me. I can't sleep without my husband there.
    Army_Wife41

Answer by Army_Wife41 at 5:22 PM on Aug. 10, 2009