What do you feed your baby?

My son is going to be 1 yr old in 2 weeks. we're still mostly feeding him 3rds baby foods. What do you feed your toddler/baby and how much?

sweetphoenix529

Asked by sweetphoenix529 at 1:57 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I fed my girls regular food by the time they were a year. They didn't and still don't eat a whole lot. I don't know exactly how much but it was until they they spit it or threw it on the floor lol.
    jackiec7707

Answer by jackiec7707 at 2:28 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Oh I don't know when I started feeding them these but they still eat them and love them. The Gerber meals with the chicken, mashed potatoes and carrots. i think they are called gerber graduates. I just chop up the chicken even smaller than it is and mix everything together and they devour it. lol. They don't really like the other kinds except the turkey sometimes. If you haven't already I suggest you try those.
    jackiec7707

Answer by jackiec7707 at 2:31 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I just bought one of those!
    Do your kids feed themselves? Or do you help them with the spoon?
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 3:01 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• At 12 months (she is 16 months now), she was close to telling me to forget the baby food, but not quite. She ate it till probably about 13 months. She was always begging from my plate. Then one day somewhere around 12 1/2 or 13 months, she just refused to eat anything that was baby food. She wanted to hold it and do it herself. So, she's had real food since. We donated all the baby food to the food bank at church and it makes life easier. They let you know when they are full. She'll eat and eat and then start playing or say "down". When it's to the playing point they are done. Don't worry about measuring. My doc say they won't let themselves get too hungry.
    ninasmom318

Answer by ninasmom318 at 9:09 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• My 9 month old eats all table food, whatever we're eating - except he still gets baby oatmeal with some fresh fruit for breakfast because I think he needs the extra iron. For lunch he'll probably eat some diced cheese, maybe a couple spoonfuls of yogurt, a piece of chicken breast left over from last night, and 2-3 large strawberries. For supper tonight we're having ravioli which i'll cut up for him - 5-6 large ravioli and a salad - i'll pull out some tomatoes and cukes to dice for him.
    Some people have a problem with some of the foods I feed my 9 month old because they are allergy triggers, but there's no history of allergies in my family and he doesn't have a reaction to any of them.

Answer by missanc at 9:17 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• My son turned one July 25th and he had eight teeth by 8 months! We feed him gerber graduate meals and safe table food. Just make sure you cut whatever up into tiny pieces and always be right there while they are eating. My son went straight from stage 2 foods to gerber graduates! He didn't like the chunks in the baby food.
    tabc531

Answer by tabc531 at 11:51 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• There are just a few foods that are smart to avoid (peanuts, honey, eggs) otherwise the world is your baby's buffet! My babe really liked edamame (soy beans) at a year as well as oatmeal, lasagna, you name it, she ate it! Just offer a small variety (2-3 foods) at each meal and they will eat until they are not hungry anymore.
    RyaMamaRN

Answer by RyaMamaRN at 4:17 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Ok, so then how do you keep your baby from becoming overweight? Like, all of these guidelines the media and physicians are panicking about have me feeling like my 24 lbs kid is going to have clogged arteries at 5 yrs. I'm a terrible cook and his whole first year, he ate baby food at we ate chinese. Now what???
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 2:43 PM on Aug. 4, 2009