What would you do here? Is she full of it, or is she serious? LONG

Right after my husband's first wife left him, he had this one night with a friend of his while she was comforting him. Well, he recently starting talking to her again, which I am fine with. So on Thursday, she asks him a hypothetical question "If someone you had hooked up with about 7 years ago got pregnant, and had a miscarriage or an abortion, would you want to know about it now?" He said yes and then asked if it was him. She assured him it wasn't, but then Friday night called him and simply said "It was you", then hung up the phone. So he asked her today if it was miscarriage or abortion, she said miscarriage. He asked why she didn't tell him then, or even since then since they had talked occasionally. She said since he wasn't a boyfriend or anything she figured he wouldn't want to know. She apologized for bringing it back up and not mentioning it at the time of the pregnancy. She has been known to lie, big lies. CONT

Mom1Stepmom1

Asked by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:09 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• So I am left here wondering. He is really upset, he would have liked to have been there for her during the whole thing. He thinks it is genuine, but I can't shake the feeling that she is just trying to create some drama. But why would you bring that up after 7 years? And why would you even mention abortion if it was a miscarriage? I mean, I am just so lost here.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:11 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Shes making it up I would say 99% sure, what a bitch! id watch out for that one she wants your man!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Not bashing, but this is exactly why I don't like my husband still talking to women from his past. Whether it's drama or not it's unecessary bullsh*t and could have been avoided if he had just left her alone in the first place.

It sounds like it's probably genuine and she just now feels comfortable enough with him to tell him about it. Women are weird.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• And that's my thought exactly. I really don't have issues with who my husband is friend's with so long as they are respectful of me and our children. But this one is no longer allowed in my house after this. I trust my husband, but I don't like watching him get screwed with, you know?
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:14 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• It's possible that she's telling the truth and needed to tell him for some sort of closure. Why is she no longer allowed? B/c she told him something that happened 7 years ago? She didn't cross a line. Maybe it was tearing her up for the last 7 years and she finally had the balls to tell him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Thats BS. I have things happen in the past and I have never been torn up about it for 7 YEARS but thats just me. I would be pissed if I were you and that girl is a beotch. It's really immature. Who the hell calls somebody and says that and just hangs up???!!!!
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 3:08 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Without knowing her it would be hard to say whether or not its true, but I think that you are doing what is best for your marriage by not allowing her in your home, and hopefully you are encouraging your husband not to have anything more to do with her-its not like he needs to be there for her now after 7 years anyway. By telling your husband 7 years later all she was doing was trying to form some kind of a bond between the two of them or just get his attention, either way its unhealthy for your marriage and its best if she is swept aside with little thought-the more you think about it the more it will fester and cause ill feelings on your part. What is important is that you both agree that whether or not its true she is a person that no longer matters to him so let the past be the past.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 3:31 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I call bs. If she had a miscarriage why would she phrase it "abortion or miscarriage". She is trying to stir up something.
    Evymetalmommy

Answer by Evymetalmommy at 3:50 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• whether true or not- she's trying to get his attention. sometimes women play the "friend game" topull him away from who he's with. i had it happen to me. they kept doing things and going places together,talking on the phone. he had been threatening suicide for some months ,so she was supposedly his support system(he talked about this to me,his parents,everybody-and refused to get help). eventually, the head games got too much and we had a huge fight n broke up. they started dating immediately after.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Aug. 3, 2009