Do you ever wonder what they did to deserve their kids?

Do you ever wonder what it is that you did that made you deserve your children? My dd can be a royal pain sometimes lol, but I find myself asking everyday what I did to deserve such a wonderful gift! It can be the littlest thing she does that will bring tears to my eyes. I never knew I could love someone that much, I truely feel she is an amazing child! And I dont think that I ever did anything that made me worthy of her...it boggles my mind why god would give her to me of all people..

Does anyone else ever get these weird thoughts or still cry over little things? My DD is 2 and she can still make me cry just by saying I love you so much!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• I wonder that and I also wonder what it was i did right in my life to get my husband too. We took a driving trip to a neighboring city (approximately 1 1/2 drive one way) yesterday to go school shopping. Sitting in the car that long and walking around the mall and various department stores for about 5 hours wore me out. I was so sore this morning I could barely get out of bed. He came in and rubbed my back, feet, and calves for about an hour. I have an amazing children, and a wonderful husband and I just kind of keep waiting for the catch, you know. Like there has to be something I am missing, because this is just too good to be true.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:25 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• My DF said this very thing about our son just today. He asked, "what did I do to deserve such a good little boy?" like 3 times. They were the most beautiful words I've ever heard. Children truly are a blessing. It's so true, they can be a little stinker and then show you how truly amazing they can be. I got all teary after I heard him say that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I think that all the time. I am only 24 but still think it is amazing that my son is a little monster but can make me the happiest person when I am down or just not having a good day. He warms my heart and makes me laugh everyday. I don't remember laughing as much before as i do now with my son. I do feel very blessed to have my son and my Fiance...he puts up with a lot of crap from me and still loves me with all his heart( besides the part that our son has...haha). I feel very blessed especially when so many people can't have a child and try so hard for one. Thats happening to my sister-in-law and it breaks my heart. She would and hopefully will be an awesome mom.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 3:23 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I did nothing. God blessed me just because he loves me and knew I could be the best mother for the 4 kids he gave me. What makes it all worth it, is to have my 3 yr old crawl up in my bed and put his head on my chest and I say...I wuv you and he says..I wuv you too mommy. Im sorry but thats the cutest thing ever!! Makes me remember how fast time really goes.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 4:56 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• awww, if only more people felt this way, the world would be a more loving place to live in!

yes, children are absolute treasures, arnt they? i feel blessed every day to have my two in my life.
    katiemum

Answer by katiemum at 8:03 AM on Aug. 3, 2009