Does your childs school do Back To School night or have a First Day Of School Celebration?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in

• My kids school has a First day celebration. Thats when we get to meet with the teacher as the day begins while the students go and find out if there are any new school rules. Sometimes this time is great for getting information such as e-mails or class room phone numbers . I have found it to be a great way to make sure those all important school form like the emergency cards to get home. Otherwise the kids have to bring them home then they get lost in transport.
    who-me

Answer by who-me at 2:28 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• WE have a meet the teacher day a few days before school, where the kids and parent meet the teacher fill out final paperwork etc. But that usually only takes a few minutes
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 8:02 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• we did ours on thursday evening. it was a giant CF. anyway....it's over and one with they all got their little butts on the big yella bus this morning. yeeeehaaaawwwwww!!!!!!!!!!
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:24 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• **over and done with...........
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:25 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Just homework. Lots of it

Answer by rkoloms at 10:26 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Open House is the night before school starts here. We meet the teachers, can bring in school supplies (for elementary school's), the kids can meet some of the kids that will be in their classes and I get to meet some of the parents and teachers and get all the classroom rules and teacher emails. The subject teachers go over expectations, we learn of any new rules or changes in the school. My son goes back Sept 1st and I cannot wait.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:22 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• We have a meet the teacher night about a week before school begins... it's an open house with some of the staff bbqing hot dogs for everyone...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:16 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• we have a back to school night & open house:)
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 2:01 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• No. There is an open house a few weeks into the year where we can meet the teachers.
    Well, the preschool and kindergarten do have a day like that. The first day of school the older kids have a half day and the kindergarteners come in an hour later and have a little meet thing with refreshments and playing in the classroom, etc. Then an hour after that the preschool comes in. They are only there an hour and then start school the next day (full day for all kids P-8). We missed it with our son because they started a week and a half after the school year started but my middle daughter had a blast last year.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:19 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• In grade school, we had a "meet the teacher" night. They would also go over the handbook, rules etc. It was nice. Now they are in highschool...I miss them being little.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:50 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

Next question in
Does your child where school uniforms?

Next question overall (Just for Fun)
Confidence