What would you think if all your dh's friends are women?

I am able to make freinds (of my own sex) easly. Where as Dh doesn't. I don't really associate with the opposite sex outside of work or whatever. But my dh seems to make more women friends. He says he can't associate with men or doesn't seem to keep male friends. Do you think this is weird? Or am I being petty?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• I guess it would just depend on how far he take the friendship. In my profession I work with a lot of men and women, I often find that I get along with the men better because they tend to be less petty. However the friendship ends at the office, I do not go out for drinks or coffee after work with anyone of the opposite sex unless its a group thing (including other women) or unless my husband comes along, and I make sure that I do not share intimate information with any of my male coworkers no matter how good of friends that seem to have become-I believe that there are certain things that are best left for your spouse and the fine line starts to blur the closer you get to a person. I also believe that it is very healthy for both husbands and wives to have friends that they feel like they can easily relate to and can actually build a stronger marriage because they don't feel controlled-as long as its healthy and innocent.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 3:14 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I think it's kind of weird. As long as he's fine with you getting to know all of them I don't think I'd have that big of a problem with it.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 2:27 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• is he gay? would be my thought if that was my dh. obviously doesnt mean he is though
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 2:33 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Most of my husband's friends are women, and aside for the crazy bitch I posted about earlier, I have never had a problem with any of them. He just feels like he is more able to be himself, because he isn't that sporty, competitive, macho guy that he feels he is expected to be around other men that he doesn't really know. It always made sense to me, because most of my friends are male. Always have been. I don't bond well with women because I think a lot of them are petty and like to play games. I don't get into that, so I try to avoid them. Fortunately, my friends and my husband's friends all get along, so we can all still do group events. Get to know some of his friends, then see how you feel.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:34 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I would have a big problem with that, I don't trust women expecially around my hubby, I don't usually hang out with women and if I do it's once in a while for a short period of time
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:41 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I think its kinda weird...my DF LOVES his guy friends...Unless I really knew all the girls I don't think I would be comfortable but thats just me!
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 3:04 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I wish my husband would have woman friends, but only if theyre cool, then i could be friends with them. i hate it when my dh hangs out with single guys because they only have 1 mission and my man does not need to be helping them with that. i keep telling him to invite his friends with girlfriends over but then they have a diff girl everytime so i guess i need 2 get out and make my own friends.
    mudgirl

Answer by mudgirl at 6:47 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I don't have a problem with my husband's female friends because I know that most of my best friends have been guys. I know men and women can be "just friends". Openness is the key. If he ever tried to hide one from me, then it would be different. He talks to me about them, so it's ok.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Aug. 3, 2009