is it bad that it doesnt bother me??

ok me and my SO are pregnant with our first and he tells me he is just going to forget that im even there he is going to be all about the baby when he comes home alls heis going to want to do is be with her and im like fine with me a dad needs a good relationship with his daughter! but my friends see it as a bad thing like its going to ruin our relationship..... i dont see it happening... i would rather have him spend as much time with his daughter as possible and plus it can be a break for me when he is home because he works all the time! yeah we wont be as close but our abby brings us together right?? people make me think i dont care about my relationship with him by not caring but this is not a time to be thinking about just yourself!!!

wickedclownmomi

Asked by wickedclownmomi at 2:44 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• It could do some damage to your relationship. You are so use to being with him all the time now,right? It might make you resentful or jealous. It is nice that he wants that and yes he needs a good relationship with her but for you 2 to be hapy and healthy he needs a relationship with you also. Thats just my opinon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:50 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• You can't really know untill that baby is born, having kids change everything, and besides somethimes people say one thing and when they are actually in that situation things change, and they don't do the things they say they would
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:58 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• It sounds like he is 100% devoted to being a good father to your baby and that is an awesome thing, there are lots of men out there give less than 10% in the "daddy job" Is this someone that you plan on spending the rest of your life with? Because if so you are going to need someone who is devoted to you as well, in my opinion part of what makes a good father is a man who can extend his love to his baby's mother as well, and that goes for fathers that are with and separated from the mother.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 3:03 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• i'm not sure what ur saying, but i've heard that putting mommy and daddy first is the best example for your kids. sometimes my SO acts like i'm shit and our son is gold. i tell him that just bcuz he's always loving to our son,but hateful to me does not mean he's doing our baby a favor. i'm not at all jealous of our son- he gets lots of love and attention from both of us- but i think our relationship is alot of times bad for him...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Aug. 3, 2009