Did you know that the Euprhates River is drying up?

Did you also know that is a sign in Revelations?http://www.kelowna.com/2009/08/02/we-need-to-realize-worst-of-h1n1-is-to-come/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• People are not paying attention to what is going on in the world. It is easier to think the world will last forever then to think that the end days are near. But nobody knows when the end days will be actually here.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:50 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Revelation 16:12 "And the sixth angel poured out his vial [bowl] upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I've been trying to tell people of the impending tribulation, but as usual they just call me a naysayer and accuse me of having a "Chicken Little" mentality. They'll see, and they can't say they weren't warned.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:01 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• interesting
    Gemmi280

Answer by Gemmi280 at 7:03 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• You are absolutely right, the worst is yet to come if Obam is allowed to continue tearing our Country apart and seding us into a spiral of debt that we may never recover from.
    You, know.... If the world is going to end , at anytime I don't want to know and there is nothing you can do anyway. Why keep hashing and rehashing it. What IS your point.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:03 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I understand there are interpretations of the Bible that fit what is going on in the world today, but really....what are we supposed to do about it? Pray? For what? I've been a good Christian all my life, will I be spared along with my special needs children?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I'm more inclined to think the Euphates River drying up is due to man-made projects as opposed to prophecy.

I'm not a "naysayer" and was raised strict Roman Catholic, but I look to man-made causes before assuming they are "natural" or indicative of impending Armageddon. When you read Nostradamus' prophecies AFTER the fact, you can make just about any major historical even "fit." I think the same goes for Bible Prophecies.

From the link above:

"Turkey's current Southeast Anatolia Project, known by the Turkish acronym GAP, that includes more than 20 dams and 17 electric power plants, will eventually supply over half of Turkey's electricity requirements. However, filling the reservoirs behind these dams have at times reduced the flow of the water of the Euphrates downstream to Syria and Iraq."
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:14 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• OP Here, where did God say it would be of natural consequences that the river would dry up?
    Also, I understand that you should NOT be afraid. I just found it really interesting that these prophecies were actually coming true. Why is that wrong to follow?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Whew, we're still safe the Gulf of the egyptian see is fine. No end times yet. Had me really scared. (sarcasm)
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:08 AM on Aug. 3, 2009