Has anyone had there OB "turn" the baby head down

Was it painful. Did he stay head down.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• OMG IT IS SOOO PAINFUL!! MY SON WAS BREACHED AND THE DOC SAID HE WANTED TO TURN HIM BEFORE THEY WOULD DO AN EMERGENCY C-SECTION IT WAS THE WORST PAIN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE I WAS SCREAMING THE WHOLE TIME (KEEP IN MIND I USUALLY HAVE BAD "TIMES OF THE MONTH" TO THE POINT OF NOT BEING ABLE TO WALK) I HAD TO SIGN A CONSENT FORM AND EVERYTHING.
    alexmama2209

Answer by alexmama2209 at 2:57 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• My OB did this [it's called external cephalic version], and it wasn't too bad. He first gave me a muscle relaxer, and then I squeezed the nurses hand for the minimal pain that was associated with him doing it.

A week later I went into labor and had a cesarean due to him being breech again! It would have been totally worth it if he would have stayed head down. I'd definitely do it again before I'd opt for a cesarean!
    mommy.to.three

Answer by mommy.to.three at 3:01 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• They tried turning mine before doing an emergency C section as well.... she wasn't having it, and neither was I! I was even given drugs to sedate me so they could try turning her easier. She never budged and ended up with a C. I don't regret it at all!!! The C wasn't nearly as bad, my dd was breech with her feet behind her head... I am glad she came out fine except with hips that were popping out of joint for a month. Now you can't even tell! My scar is still there, it's barely noticable after 20 mos and while it is still numb there, I wouldn't change a thing!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:20 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I had a friend that just had a baby and he needed to be turned. She told me she went to her chiro and he did it. I dont know why she chose to do that versus having the OB do it, but it was a success and he was born vaginally with no issues. She was very thankful.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 5:36 AM on Aug. 3, 2009