Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how can i prove the truth

i probally need legal advice but i need any advice right now. ok my sister is a drug addict was homeless with a 4 month old baby well of course i took in the babygot her into a rehab she got kick out got her into another rehab and again got kicked out so i filed for guardianship well any ways i lost the case because she test clean twice for the babys lawyer. which seem to me he was on her side. when she has prior of sales , 2 of her other children got tooken away from her for giving birth to a drug baby. she claims she lives with this lady want to keep thebaby. well i found out that she doesnt live there just the baby and her older brother. there were left with 13 yrs old girl for 2 weeks. how can i go about proving the truth. the lawyer was to do a home visit but didnt he calls her first if any thing. im so lost . ive raised her for a yr and all of a sudden i needed to give her back to someone she barly knew.

Answer Question

Asked by shatteredme at 2:58 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • Hire a guardian ad litem.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

  • Well, when you know for a FACT that the children are alone for extended periods of time, call CPS and have them do a check. When CPS has proven you correct, file a petition for guardianship.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

  • Call CPS, get an attorney and the drug tests should be done at a neutral place, not her attorney's office. File an emergency order for guardianship. Family should be getting first option, not a stranger and seeing you have been raising the child for a year, that would be you. Good luck.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:26 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.