i'm really hungry right now and i'm trying to loose weight what do i do? should i eat something or get milk?

sighs* i don't know this is a hard mental battle but i just don't wanna be a fat piggy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• nibble on something little! like make an egg, or a VERY small salad. Just enough to put a little food in your tummy. During these times, your stomach is shrinking and while you shouldn't STARVE yourself, if you eat little, your stomach will shrink and you won't be able to "pig out" like you would have earlier. Plus, you'll get energy from the food, satisfy your hunger somewhat and still feel good about yourself! I've heard it is healthier to eat 6-7 small snacks/meals a day instead of 3 big meals.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:21 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• but right now? it is 1:24 am
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:24 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• but if you're going to stay up very much longer it is going to get worse and you will want to eat something which leads to something else! if you are planning on going to bed soon, a glass of milk might help or a glass of water.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:26 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• thanks =D i think i'm not the only one needing encouragement when trying to loose weight it's just not easy but is soo worth it :) specially me because i used to be bulimic anorexic and it tends to come back since it is a mental thing
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:33 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I suffer still with anorexia... but I always ask myself and remind myself I need to eat! Even just putting something in my stomach. I've learned not to deny myself food... just watch the intake!

:) glad I could help! And I understand now that you want to loose weight but not go back to the mental state of anorexia or belemia. You can do this... and get down to where you feel comfortable! GL hun!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:36 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Milk is essentially empty calories. For late night munchies, stick with fruits for sweets and veggies for savories. You can make a bit of dip (yogurt with orange juice for fruit; hummus, salad dressing, marinara for veggies).

Answer by rkoloms at 8:36 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• If you are hungry, then eat. I lost almost 30 lbs by cutting out fast food and soda. I ate when I was hungry and stopped when I was full, I watched portion sizes and drank only water and unsweet iced tea. It doesn't matter when you eat, but what you eat. Try Weight Watchers, it is a lifestyle change and not a diet that gets amazing results.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:30 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I agree. Weight Watchers is phenominal! I loved going and you have the support you need from the lesson you learn in the class that day and also from others trying to shed some lbs. I don't know what it was about weight watchers but they are great! In my state it was only 12$ a session, once a week, but I quit going cause I had to find a baby sitter and stuff so that was my "excuse" if i had of continued I would look great this summer but i quit and i am struggling with my little bit of overweightness lol good luck but definitely try weight watchers. they give you some good material for food ideas too.
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 3:01 PM on Aug. 4, 2009