My friend's daughter is stealing and lying....

I babysit my friend's girls. Anyway, we were at church yesterday and I noticed she had on my ring which I had in the bathroom. She said she found it out in the parking lot, then my son mentioned that he asked her where she got it the night before(He told her,"Wow, my mom has a ring JUST LIKE THAT that she got from my aunt!) and she told him that she got it from her dad. She has never met her father nor is he involved in her life. She was "mouthy" to the Sunday school teacher and told a bold face lie saying that he never told them to wait in the classroom after kids church. He told me that he told them TWICE!
I'm very worried about this lying and stealing that she's doing. I did tell her mom about it. I know her mom is more embarrassed than anything. Of course Grandma believes that she found the ring in the parking lot. I have NEVER lost this ring. I always keep it in on the bathroom vanity. The more I think about this incedent

Starfire73

Asked by Starfire73 at 4:46 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• i had a friend who when she babysat her neigbor's kids her neighbor's kids would steal her kids toys and try to tell their mom they got them from school well the mom didnt believe her so she actually started searching neighbor's kids each time before they left her house no matter if it made the mom wait or not her dd would steal my friend's dd's clothes and stuff i mean come on now
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• The more upset I become. I mean it's not like it's worth thousands of dollars, It has more sentimental value than anything. But the fact is that she LIED and STOLE it from me. She's 8 btw. Any thoughts or advice?
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 4:47 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• i would sit her down with grandma and tell her that you did not lose the ring and know that she took it because your son witnessed it
    alexmama2209

Answer by alexmama2209 at 5:26 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Well the mom believes me. Of course the girl is still denying it. It just worries me now because I babysit her. I'm wondering if I have to start hiding everything and start searching her before she leaves!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 5:43 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• i would try and connect with her. ask her if she wants to do a project like make jewlery and try and talk to her
    alexmama2209

Answer by alexmama2209 at 6:22 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I don't "make" jewelry". I do stuff with her and constantly have craft projects going on and this is why this confuses me. I am THIS CLOSE <____> to saying screw it! I have NEVER had someone else's child STEAL from me! She didn't even make her daughter apologize!!! I love my friend, I love her girls, but this stealing and lying and mouthing off(especially at church!) is royally pissing me off. I'm doing really goos at watching my mouth and not really voicing my opinion. I told her what happened in the nicest way possible and of course grandma just can't believe her precious would do something like this. Lat time she mouthed off to me, her mom took her to "build a bear". WTF?!?! If my son pulled that crap, you better believe his butt would be apologizing and he would be grounded!!!
    I am just basically beside myself on what to do here. Maybe I'm just venting, I don't know. I have to babysit her after school tomorrow(My son
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 6:29 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• (cont.)
    doesn't start school til the 19th. I am just soooo disgusted at the thought of her STEALING then LYING about it!!!! UGH! I'm not even sure I can look at her face! I know that may sound cruel, but this is how much I hate stealing and lying. I WAS going to take the girls and my son to McDonald's today after school for a "first day back to school treat". I don't want to be punishing her sister for something her older sister did.
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 6:32 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• She's 8 btw. Is this normal for little girls to do?
    I have to babysit her and her sister after school today. I'm soooooo damn mad about it still!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 6:39 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Damn! That is a tough question, if you are over it then YOU ARE OVER IT. This litle girl isl earning how to steal and lie from someone and you have to decide who it is! The other day my son bought this big ol' ice cream and I asked him where'd you get the money and he said "I found it in the couches and on your bedroom floor, I was like, "No one "finds" things in my house everything in here is mine"!! Nip it in the bud girl!
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 6:46 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• im having the same problem only this has been happening for a few years. The first time the kid stole from me was when she was around 8 she is now 14. She stole my sisters bday money about a week ago and i flipped on the little a$$hole kid(no lie thats what she is). I told her she is no longer welcome in my home. She has stolen from me before and been caught and gotten in trouble for it. Although her parents dont dicipline they preach god. ugh! there is no punishment in saying 'you know god is not happy with what you've done!' then letting her go. Eff that I wanted to smack the crap outta this kid when she did it the last time. I still do. Im Still pissed. She is 14! she knows better. Hell at 8 they do too. If you dont want this to keep happening stop watching her cause I promise you it will keep happening
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:10 AM on Aug. 3, 2009