why does my 10 week old kicks her arms and legs when eating?

most of the time she does it does that mean she will be a hyper baby or could have HDD? i think thats how you write it sorry if its wrong

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i dont think being an active eater is linked with hyperactivity disorders, id say she is just very excited to be doing a babies favorite thing-eating! its completely normal for mothers to worry about their babies, but i wouldnt think in this particular situation that there is anything to worry about.
    katiemum

Answer by katiemum at 5:02 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I read it's excitement. They can't smile yet and but can move and that is how they show happiness. After time, she will learn how to experss her excitement in other ways but for now, this is all she knows :) CONGRATS on baby!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:04 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• in fact my DD smiled while staring at my eyes on the 2nd day she was born! lol i guess she is a really happy baby, because since i was pregnant i used to talk and sing to her a lot, also her daddy would too, my mother and two sisters so i guess she knows she is loved
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:10 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• mine does that too and wiggles like a little bug.
    mudgirl

Answer by mudgirl at 5:14 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• they are so cute when they show off how excited they are! mine does it all the time since birth.
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 5:23 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• excitement / reflex. when born they have that reflex to most stimuli. At this age, I'd imagine it's the same type of reflex to the excitement. As she gets used to it, she'll control it better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Aug. 3, 2009