anyone have a front loading washer and dryer, specifically a Whirlpool Duet? I am fed up with this thing and I need some expertise.

I have the first generation Whirlpool Duet models and they are obviously out of warranty. I think that means that the Sears help line isnt going to help me. But heres my problem. These machines come with sensors, especially the dryer. It senses when the clothes are wet and how wet and then shuts off when it THINKS they are dry. Thats with the normal cycles. So I try putting it on TIMED dry and think that this dryer is supposed to stay on until the time has run out. I am still going in there and finding the dryer full of damp clothes and towels. Its been this way since I had it, but its getting worse. Im curious if its something I am doing wrong or a defect in the dryer. We put a load of towels on 64 min and this morning I found them damp again. I dont want to keep rewashing stuff because it smells. I did recently stack the dryer on top of the washer to save space (they are made for this) and it has seemed to make it worse. ???

momofsaee

Asked by momofsaee at 5:57 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Usually when the sensor doesn't work well, it's a lint problem.
    1. Remove and Empty the lint filter. Use a wire brush to get as much additional lint from the filter slot as possible.
    2. Take the vent hose off the back, vacuum where it connects to the dryer, and vacuum the whole vent hose out.
    3. Reconnect the vent hose.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:44 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Also check the vent exhaust outside and make sure it isn't clogged up from lint.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:18 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I know its not the vent outside because we just moved and its new, but it could be on the machine itself. Thanks for the suggestion. I will have hubby try that.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 6:27 PM on Aug. 3, 2009