This older lady will not leave my family alone.

This old lady in our community that is constantly in everyone's business. She is constantly making derogatory comments to my Mom and Dad when they visit my house about thier dog and them not walking the dog anywhere and told them they were wrong for carrying their dog everywhere. This woman had the gumption Saturday night to come up onto MY FRONT PORCH (without being invited) and started to look in my front storm door to see if my cat was around. She then had the audacity to rudely tell my Dad that she was there to see my cat and that she was not there to see their dog at all. This woman is obsessed with my siamese and is constantly telling my son or I that she wants the cat to come over to her house. This woman creeps me out to no end! When she showed up at the front storm door and was looking in I just walked down to my front door and shut the door in her face. How would you take care of this without being rude?

my4kids274

Asked by my4kids274 at 6:10 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• She has a weird obsession with your cat? Thats so strange. I would be totally freaked out too. How about hiding the cat in the house and then it might come to the point of politely and respectfully saying that you would appreciate if she called before she came over. I dont know...thats really strange.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 6:16 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• maybe is lonely and she doesnt know how to make friends
    mudgirl

Answer by mudgirl at 6:21 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I spend a lot of time with older people, my Grandmother lives in an apartment complex with nothing but seniors. I have found that most of the little old ladies there are wonderful...but there are a few that make me go hmmmmmm. They have no sense of what is appropriate humor, or how to engage someone anymore(if they ever did). The woman that lives next door to Grandma, is a little loopy, and she comes over to see my kids, or puppy, or whatever when we visit...or brings her cat over to the screen and tells us that "Solitare wanted to say hello), this is with no prompting whatsoever, but I believe that the neighbor in both instances is well meaning and socially inept, leading to the creepy feeling from others. I have simply told our creepy old lady that she is welcome to visit, no need to be wierd...and it has helped.
    Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 6:30 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Yeah, old people can be strange sometimes. If she is suffering from dimensia or just good ol' grouchy pants like my mom, just humor her and let her know you and your family are nice. If you are comfortable, take her a plate of food at least once a week. If you are not then just let her know that you are aware of your pet and sometimes cats go wherever the "pests" are. If it gets ugly then let her know "Hey !!! I know where my cat is at all times and you need to leave us alone"!! Good luck!
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 6:36 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• LMAO im sorry but reading this reminded me of that cat-lady off the simpsons
    (sorry my oldest loves the show and i end up watching with him)
    JamieShay

Answer by JamieShay at 6:42 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I just have never run into an older person that is so bold as to come up to my front door and start looking in. My dh got me my cat from animal rescue on Mother's Day...we went looking for a puppy and I ended up coming home with a cat instead. My cat was dropped off there by the previous owners because they grew tired of her. When we went into the room with all the cats we saw her and we fell in love with her immediately. I love this cat dearly and I am very protective of her just as I am with my own children and I feel like this old lady is invading my personal space. I have tried being nice and not rude but I hate to say that I think it is going to get to the point of me having to be stern and tell her to get off my property...
    my4kids274

Answer by my4kids274 at 6:47 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• JamieShay - It is funny that you say this because my dh said the same thing! I am thinking I am just going to say in a nice way that I would appreciate it if she would leave me and my family alone...
    my4kids274

Answer by my4kids274 at 6:49 AM on Aug. 3, 2009