Me and my girlfriend just got in a fight about our baby and she left me for good, what do i do?

Well she is not my girlfriend she is my domestic partner but that doesnt matter. She got mad at me cause Im carring our son and she is being very jealous. I told her to stop bbeing that way and she got all pissed and stormed off. As she was leaving she said "find urself a new wife cause im done with u and ur stupid baby" what should i do. we have never fought this bad ever in our lives.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:54 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• ur better off w/out her. just love ur baby.
    mudgirl

Answer by mudgirl at 7:04 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• people say mean things in the heat of the battle. Give her and yourself some time to cool off. If she really loves you she will come back. If she doesn't, the most important thing you can do is stay healthy for your baby. Your baby is innocent in all of this. Hang in there.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 7:09 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Give yourself good reasons why you should still be with her. If there are tonnes, then find someone who can help you guys to be middle man to reconcile to each other..
    STL

Answer by STL at 7:14 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Sounds like a strange reason to fight. Let her cool off and see if there's a deeper issue. Maybe she's experiencing some anxiety about being a parent? Maybe she had a bad day? Being committed to each other, you owe it to each other to see if this is reparable.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Is everything else in your relationship great? If so and this is the only major source of contention I would recommend seeing a counselor or maybe talking with another female couple that has gone through a similar experience. One that she can get some support and advice from another non-birth mom. You could also get support and advice on making her feel more connected from the birth mom. Being that she is another woman and not a man, I think it is understandable that she could get jealous that she isn't carrying the baby and having that connection with him that you are.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:56 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Maybe she is jealous because she'd love to carry the baby. I'm sure you two made a mutual decision to let you be the one to carry the baby in the beginning, maybe she is mad at herself and is taking it out on you because she really wanted to carry the baby, but instead she caved in and said you should. As women we are more apt to change our minds and sometimes make irrational judgments or have pre-conceived notions on certain things without thinking them through, and maybe she just regrets not being the one to go through the pregnancy. Lots of couples go through stressful periods in their life when a new baby is on the way. Besides bills and work the sheer stress of figuring out how to provide for the baby once it gets here is a whole ball of wax in itself.

Call her and ask her to come by to sort out her feelings. Let her know you love her and you care about her feelings. Give her a chance to vent without judgment.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 12:59 PM on Aug. 3, 2009