fever question

My daughter woke up this morning tell me she didnt feel good so i checked her temp and it was 101.8 which is higher than normal so i gave her 2 of the melt aways its mostly all she will take.. Well that was 3 hours ago and she still feels hot i just checked her temp and it was 102.4. My question is should i give her some more of the melt aways are something different the only other thing i have is baby mortion... Help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• If one dose doesn't start to bring the fever down, I'd check with the doctor. Usually after an hour the temp will be the same or lower. So I'd be concerned that maybe there is an infection that the tylenol just won't help with. My pharmacist said to use motrin for high temps and that you can stagger them. So I'd offer the motrin before offering more tylenol. Again, it's best to check with yoru doctor. They will probably tell you over the phone what you can use and when you would need to bring her in.

Here's a dosing chart. http://jaxpediatrics.com/Dosing_Charts.html If your daughter weights too much, the infant drops may be useless.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• How old is she? I would call the doc and tell them what you told us. I am a fan of Motrin, I think it works better than Tylenol but that's just MO. We are not doctors, call yours to make sure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Aug. 3, 2009