President Bush was blamed for casualities in Iraq by the media daily?

We were constantly reminded by the majority of the large news outlets of the deaths in Iraq. It was named, Bush's War. How many have died in Afghanistan? Can anyone provide a recent casuality count in Afghanistan? Anyone heard the constant scrutiny for Obama? Anyone else think many media outlets are giving Obama a Pass? Obama's War is Afghanistan.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• This is what I found:

http://icasualties.org/oef/

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:37 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Last I heard it was 72
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:59 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I think part of the reason Bush was given a hard time is because so many of the deaths happened after the "mission accomplished" fiasco.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• They had the highest casuality count the other day, no mention. The Brits are slamming on him for his strategy, no mention. Its called media bias.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:54 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• For the umpteenth time...the infamous carrier that Bush landed on was not calling the Iraq war an over and done "Mission Accomplished" moment....the military aboard the carrier were celebrating teh completion of THEIR specific mission which THEY had successfully accomplished!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mission_Accomplished

"The banner stating "Mission Accomplished" was a focal point of controversy and criticism. Navy Commander and Pentagon spokesman Conrad Chun said the banner referred specifically to the aircraft carrier's 10-month deployment (which was the longest deployment of a carrier since the Vietnam War) and not the war itself, saying "It truly did signify a mission accomplished for the crew."

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:59 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Lori...chill out. I wasn't taking a position either way. Even Bush has admitted the sign on the carrier sent the wrong message and was probably created some of the PR problems he had.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• anon--YOU'RE the one who brought up something that happened more than 6 years ago! And I will not "chill out!" so long as people are going to continue to deflect everything Obama does as "cleaning up Bush's mess," and until they accept that Obama owns his presidency now--and all of the bad press that goes along with it!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:23 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I have seen posts here on CM were women say "I'm so glad Obama brought the troops home and ended the war." They aren't even aware it's still going on and expanding in Afghanistan.  I haven't seen anything about causality rates or the war on the news in weeks.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:28 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• The news doesn't talk about the war anymore.

It's so disrespectful of our boys who are still laying their lives on the line.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:45 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Yep but who is really surprised?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:32 AM on Aug. 3, 2009