my husband snake got loose in our home any suggestions?

we have children so i am concerned. it is a ball pyhon.

rosepetalluv

Asked by rosepetalluv at 8:01 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Pets

• Call animal control.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:05 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Move out!! lol
    Seriously though, I hate snakes so I would probably go to my parents until he catches it.
    Good luck in finding it!! :(
    newlifewith3

Answer by newlifewith3 at 8:15 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• How big is it? Not trying to scare you (you may have heard anyway) but someone's snake got loose in a house recently in FL and it strangled a toddler in the middle of the night while she was sleeping. I would take the kids and get out of the house until it's found.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:52 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• move
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• RUN!!!!!!
    shervert1

Answer by shervert1 at 10:13 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• not the same but we had squirrils in our attic and called a pest control service that came out and set humane traps. They also did live snake removal. Maybe call one.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:23 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I hope you are keeping your kids away until its found and your husband learns a lesson or get rid of it I would hate to read about another child killed by a snake ..people think they are cute and fun when in fact they are killers ooh this makes me soooooo mad Good Luck I will pray for your kids

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• u have notheing to worry about most ball pythons arnt aggressive and they dont get big enough to eat ur childeren. most likely it wont come out during the day when there is alot of noise but at night. i would be looking under places that r dark my female ball got out the other week they one i just lost and we found her hanging from the ceiling in the bathroom after a shower...lol if the kids r use to handleing the snake send them on a snake hunt if they rnt then i would look in all the places that a snake would like to hide. my dd was the one to find jezabell and she got a chair and took her down and brought her to me in the living room...it was so cute wish i had the camera
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 11:02 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I have a Ball Python and my son has 2 Ball Pythons. They are not big enough to eat children. They won't even bite the children. Ball Pythons are not aggressive and the only thing you need to worry about here is the safety of the snake. The poor thing is probably hiding and he is scared. Just look into every crack and corner, because he is probably crawled up under something or in something and is hiding. Get you a rat and set the rat in the middle of the floor so the snake can smell it and maybe come to it. When he comes out from hiding, you can get him. But don't worry about the kids safety. The snake won't bite them and it surely won't eat them. Ball Pythons go after rats only for their prey. Those horror stories you hear about snakes strangling toddlers, is crazy people crazy enough to keep a big huge Reticulated Python or a Bermese python in the house , now those 2 kinds of snakes is get big like 25 ft. long
    toyota

Answer by toyota at 11:47 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• i am not sure what some of the posters are talking about where they say ball pythons wont bite..yes they do they will bite and bit eyour children and small house pets...my best friend has a ball python that got loose and it tried to bite him, his son, and the cat before they caught him...my suggestion a snake will always be a snake..it belongs outside in the wild...they are not tameable no matter how much you handle and love them..i understand that some people are ok with them as pets thats all good, but im not so sure i would have them in the house around my children...just my op and i hope i have not offeneded any snake oweners..but they are a wild animal...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Aug. 3, 2009