Is he wanting to marry me but.........

My BF and I are living together and things are going great together. The last month or so he keeps asking me if I want to get married. Although he just out and says it without a ring or a proper proposal I'm not sure if he is asking me for real or just gearing up to. What do you ladies think??

newlifewith3

Asked by newlifewith3 at 8:12 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• He is just gearing up and sit down and talk to him and ask him if he is for real and if he is tell him that you would like him to do it the right way with a ring. My SO hints around about it also and he got me a promise ring and then this mothers day he got me a mothers ring and now my promise ring is on the left ring finger and he put it there and asked. GL i hope it happens for you SOON!
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:16 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• my husband did that! he asked me like 100 times and then the night when he was really proposing i was being silly and said no before i realized he had a ring! we have been married almost 6 years now

bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 8:20 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• My DH did something similar. I found out later he was trying to figure out what I would say when he popped the question for real in front of everybody. He didn't want to be rejected in front of his friends.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• My husband didn't really propose to me. It was pretty much him saying we should get married and then we went to a ring store where I picked out my ring. Which I have to admit, I much prefer to him picking it out, even though it isn't nearly as romantic. I was with him when he went to pick it up and then he did do an official proposal when we went to a fancy place for dinner on our two year anniversary, but it wasn't like it was a surprise or anything. You should just flat out ask him if he's serious and tell him what you want.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:38 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Ok, so my DH pretty much told me, "You're going to marry me, please don't say no! Please don't say no!"

I picked 3 rings for him to choose from, and he picked the one I liked best. Granted, it was 4 years after I picked it out... lol.

Ask him if he's serious. Have a good, serious talk, in a place that you both are comfortable. Make your desires known, the way you want the proposal, a big surprise, or if you want to pick your ring, or whatever.

He's feeling you out here... feed him what he needs to know, if it's what you want!

You go girl!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:04 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Well I have decided ladies that the next time he brings this up I am going to say yes so lets set the date!! Then we'll see lol
    Thanks for sharing all your stories with me!!!

Will let you all know what happens!
    newlifewith3

Answer by newlifewith3 at 3:19 PM on Aug. 3, 2009