What pain meds do they give you after a C-section?

And if you're breastfeeding?

I am wondering because I have something wroing with the sciatic, I am pretty sure, and going to the Dr tomorrow and if she wants me to take pain meds, I want to make sure whatever I take its okay with breastfeeding. My son will be a year in 2 weeks BUT he is not close to weaning.. so I need something to tell her so I can be backupped, if you know what I mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Wait Your having a c-section and you have a LO that is still BF? They will give you percs and yes you can BF on them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• No I am not having a Csection nor am I pregnant.

I am saying that I have something wroing with my Sciatic nerve in my hip, and I know they will give me pain meds for it, I have a son who is still BF and I dont want to give that up if she says the pain meds will interfere. So I thought if I asked what pain meds they give someone after a Csection I would know that and could suggest that to my DR if she says I have to give up BF for pain. Get it now?

Sorry It may have been a confusing question!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Your best bet is to start pumping and start saving up and also call you OB and have them tell you what you should tell them you would like that is safe for the LO. I was confused sorry. I really hope you feel better soon.
    I would really hate to see that you would have to be in pain to cont BFing but there is something you can take my friend just had a c-section and she is BFing and she is taking perc thats what she gave her. I just called her for you :~)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• thanks a bunch :):)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Aug. 3, 2009