What do you do to get your child motivated for school?

My daughter is going into first grade this year and says she is ready for school (wich Im glad) but I was just seeing if theres any ways you get your children ready...

KallysMommy

Asked by KallysMommy at 8:24 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I dont motivate my kids to go to school. They motivate themselves because they know what I expect. My girls are 6th and 10th grade this year and they know the deal. They must do their best at everything. My son is homeschooling and I think hes motivated. I think he likes the idea of being at home with me and he needs my attention right now.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:11 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I don't motivate, school is not an option. It is my child's job. Going to school is not only about recieving an education, it is also about learning life skills that will also help in the work world and in his everyday life. My son must do his best and get a B average or the threat of tutoring and summer school start. I also take away all electronics and the computer except for school.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Have a back to school lucheon or party or tea party if its a girl with a couple of friends.
    vmommy3

Answer by vmommy3 at 11:52 PM on Aug. 5, 2009