Maybe I shouldn't give up? *UPDATE*

Ok so about this on again off again relationship with my boyfriend. I had it set in my mind that I was going to end it completley this weekend. Well when he called last night we had the best conversation, we talked about going away for the weekend, he even refered to himself as my boyfriend, which he's never done before. Now I'm more confused than ever. I really love him, but it's been a cycle of going for few weeks and not talking then talking and seeing each other. This has been going on for almost 5 months. It feels like things MIGHT be turning around though, he even talked about getting me a job where he works. We live over an hour apart but I would move over there in a heartbeat. Should I wait a bit longer before breaking things off with him, see how things go with him tonight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• *UPDATE* Well I waited all evening friday, cleared my schedule and waited for that jackass to call me, and guess what? I got stood up. So I guess I am giving up, he's done me this way before I've just been too stupid to see what he was doing to me. Didn't hear from him all weekend long either. The good news is, I went to the grocery store last night, and of all the place met a guy LOL! He seems very sweet, I gave him my number and he called, took me out for coffee. Kinda made the rest of the weekend ok, and definatly took my mind off that no good mule of a man I'm in love with! Wish me luck ladies, you never know where things could lead!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Ya cause guy can talk smac if they just want to so see how things go tonight and the next two weeks don't just jump in a pack your shit cause things can change in a minute. To me the RED FLAG would be that it took him 5 MONTHS to call you his girlfriend just protect your feelings and your heart for real......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Well your just playing the replacement game. Take it slow with this new guy. They are always all sweet and wonderful until your two three weeks into it. maybe a month or even two months..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Yeah, rebound relationships are tricky. Be careful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Totally taking things slow and day by day, I just met this man last night so we will just see, all I'm saying is that it felt good to have someone show me some attentiion after the way I've been treated lately. I don't want to replace him with anyone, but maybe I've made a new friend that I can hang out with and stuff. Who knows right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• it sounds like your"boyfriend" is using you as "backup"
    ranedare

Answer by ranedare at 1:59 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Yea I'm beginning to see that, it's just a shame it has taken me 5 months to realize it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Aug. 3, 2009