MIL keeps checking if I've taken my toddler outside. "Toddlers need outdoors" she says. What's the longest you have been with your toddler indoors without going outside?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I try to take them out once a day, even if it's just a short walk around the block. We have a small wading pool in the backyard that I'll put them in during the summer, but only an hour tops because it's very hot and I'm pregnant and can't stand the heat lol. There have been times where it rains for days on end, and then of course we're stuck inside. I'd say the most probably 4 days, whether it was from extreme heat or constant rain.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:48 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• My FIL ised to make us go outside when we lived with him. I hated it! Where he lives is always very hot and humid and I have asthma so it was hard for me to breathe. But he would never shut up until I took my boys outside. They were only 2 and under 1 at the time so it was also hard for me to keep track of them in the yard with no fence! I hated it there and was VERY happy when we finally moved out!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 8:39 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• My child goes outside just about everyday and we take a walk or play or go shopping. So ya just about everyday. In the winter thats a different story we do leave the house and go to do something just about 3-4 a week. On the weekends depends on whats going on.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:42 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I try to take my boys outside every day. They are one and two. On the days it is really hot and humid we will do two or three 15 minutes increments. I try to make sure we go out in the morning before it gets horrible. Then in we usually go outside again in the evening with DH when it has cooled down a little. If it is nice out we will spend about 2 hrs outside. Weekends are different since DH is home all day. We are usually running errands or such.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• At the most 24 hours. My daughter is like me and can't stand to be holed up in the house. Even in the winter, we just get out (it might be going to the mall and wandering where there is heat though). She is pretty much outside everyday to play tho. She actually sleeps alot better and earlier when she has been out alot during the day. I love going to the pool with her now that it's summer. She is 16 months old, so I have to follow her around all the time too, we have no fence either. Kids need to be out. I was out all the time when I was young, my parents took the time with me, so I feel it's only fair to do the same for my child. (I have asthma too, even if it's for an hour, she is happy)
    ninasmom318

Answer by ninasmom318 at 8:58 AM on Aug. 3, 2009