Does your toddler like popcorn?

My 13-month-old son likes it very much. I've been told that you should wait for the first molars to come out to start with crunchy foods such as popcorn.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 16 month old LOVES it! She only gets it at my parents house. My dad picks thru and makes sure she gets no hulls to choke on. He's been giving it to her since before she was 1. She is like a dog when he makes it....up begging! lol
    I think it's fine as long as you watch the baby doesn't get the hulls. My dad did it with my other nephews and niece .
    ninasmom318

Answer by ninasmom318 at 9:03 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• My son loves it too. We just watch him very carefully and only give him one piece at a time.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 9:03 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• My daughter likes it (she's 2) but we're very carefull which peices we give her. She got a piece of skin to one of the kernals stuck on the back of her tounge and freaked out. I had to reach in and pull it out. And I keep the unpopped kernals away from her too, just in case.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• My son likes it every once in a while. I always check it before he gets it though!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 10:19 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I learned recently that my 2 year old LOVES popcorn! I've given it to her 3 times and I always sift the unpopped kernals out before I give it to her, BUT she got one kernal two nights ago and promptly stuffed it in her nose! I was sitting right there watching her and I couldn't stop her quick enough :( OMG I freaked! Thank goodness she knows how to blow her nose because that was the only way it was going to come out. I was digging in there with tweezers and my pinky fingernail and it wasn't budging. NO MORE popcorn in my house for a while! Either that or I will have to hand her each piece so that I can heavily monitor the hidden kernals.
    PeaInMyPod

Answer by PeaInMyPod at 12:23 PM on Aug. 3, 2009