My Son is THAT child what do I do?

So I recently found out that my child has been eating at the neighbor boys houses. I feel soooo embarrassed. So today we planned a little "pizza party" thing for the boys to come over and I told my son from now on he needs to eat at home only. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• i dont understand whats wrong with him eating at there house? i always ate at my friends houses. invite them over sometimes to eat at your house. kids do that.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:08 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I guess I was always taught that it was rude. No one wants a neighbor kid who comes over and is always eating all their food, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• maybe its rude if its every night .. but kids like to have their friends over dinner. i wouldnt be suprised if your son is being invited over for dinner. you could always talk to his friend's parents and let them know how your feeling and see what they say.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:13 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• umm i dont get the problem either.. me and my friends always had dinner at each others houses .. it was never an issue , in high school we took turns whos house to eat lunch at during our 1 hr lunch break from school
    hottietottie455

Answer by hottietottie455 at 9:16 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• We always had a rule at our house that said if you were invited to eat with the neighbors, you had to call home first. The same rule was enforced when the neighborhood children ate at our house. Just call and make sure it is okay with your mom. We had this one little boy who loved pinto beans and his mom never cooked them. So every time we had them, he managed to get himself an invite to supper. We still laugh about it to this day, and he is 32 years old now. So, it can be a wonderful opportunity to make some more memories. Just teach him how you want him to handle it, and all will be well.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:17 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I would not worry, if the neighbors cared- they would send him home. I feed whoever is around at lunch time and send everyone home at dinnertime unless I have talked with the parents. Welcome to the neighborhood! Your son has made some good friends- relax!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 9:29 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• i would talk to the neigbor kid's parents and verify that he actually is eating over there and if he is and then tell them you are going to tell him he doesnt need to but if they say he's not eating there then you might want to make sure he doesnt have an eating disorder and is lying to u or anything like that also like someone else said feed the neighbor's kid but the parents might be inviting him to stay just call and see what they say
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• yeah I would talk to the neighbors parents. See whats really going on. Maybe hes just saying that hes eating over there. Or to make sure hes invited and not just inviting himself over.
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 10:28 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• my daughter is THAT child too! she goes to the nieghbors almost all day everyday. i will be at home cooking lunch or dinner and then go over to get her only to find her sitting around the table with another family! they dont mind, i dont mind. but ive been encouraging them to come here more often and sharing food and snacks and stuff from our garden. i really dont think there is anything wrong with our kids eating elsewhere. if the parents had a problem they should say something. if they dont refuse then thats their problem, not mine!
    emilsmama

Answer by emilsmama at 10:41 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• If it is bothersome to you....I would just invite the other children over for some pizza and other foods as well. This will get them to understand that they are welcome in your home as well. Make some pizza or root beer floats, or whatever they like and let them have a blast.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 10:49 AM on Aug. 3, 2009