35 inches tall and safety???

my DD is 8 months old and 30 1/2 inches tall.. i was reading that for safety reasons shouldn't use a crib past 35 inches tall.. well umm what if you have a tall kid lol! i was planning on switching at 13-14 months to a toddler bed.. you think that would suffice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• From what I read, it can depend somewhat on your crib, but a child's height should not be above the rail by 25% when the mattress is at it's lowest position. Her growth will probably slow way down soon - my kids all did. I switched my kids straight into a twin bed with rails to avoid the expense of a toddler bed that they're going to use for very few years, but I didn't switch them until they were at least 2. Hopefully you'll be able to keep your child in the crib a little longer.

Answer by missanc at 10:06 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• depends on your brib really...my son could still use his crib and hes 39.5 inches..my crib was made to be used for the long haul...more expensive cribs are. I bought mine to last through tons of kids because we plan to have atleast 4..its lasted through 3 so far...the manual has no height limit for using it.

We switched him to a toddler bed at age 2 because we knew in a few months we would be TTC and I want him to be like a big boy before the baby comes and not kickedout of his crib
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 10:16 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• ya my crib is not a cheap one and its 7 years old and has been used for 3 kids and still sturdy as can be.. but this is my tallest child so far and was told that bout height limitations so that is why i asked.. i switched them all over at roughly 15 months , but wondered if i would have to sooner with a taller child.. was a new thing never heard bout a height limit before!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Well I wouldn't worry that your child will be 35 inches by that time... their growth really starts to slow down. My son had been growing a couple of inches a month by by 8 months it slowed down and was only gaining an inch ever couple of months. He was 32.5 inches at a year and that is at the very top of the growth chart for his age... so I don't think you will have any trouble with your baby being 35 inches.
    As far as safety... I think it depends on if you child trys to get out of their crib on their own or not.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:32 AM on Aug. 3, 2009