Well, he lied! No surprise there! Guess who's backpaddling on his campaign promise?

It's not a matter of "if" but "when" they start raising taxes on the middle class to help reduce the defecit.
Buckle up, folks. It's going to be a fun one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• why do people kid themselves? All politicians lie! They tell you what you want to hear just to be elected.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I had no doubt when he said it that he was lying.
    When Jimmy Carter said n national TV the he would never lie to the American people, my Dad said "well Jimmy Carter just told his first lie"
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:28 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• My family is just hanging on by our nails right now. Our prop. tax is escrowed into our mortgage, and our payment has gone up 2 times since we bought the house 4 years ago. It's already more than we can afford now, and are only making it by the grace of God.
    When it goes up again...we will lose our home, and have to walk away from it. This is such depressing news, but should not surprise me. I knew Obama wanted to "eliminate" the middle class.
    sunnymom3

Answer by sunnymom3 at 9:30 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Told yah so!  Waaay back in October, before he was elected!  LOL

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1273078/_250k_150k_Do_I_Hear_42k

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:30 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• What should have been done then? The market was inflated and it popped. But of course, that's Obama's fault, right? So tell me....WHAT SHOULD HE DO?
    MissBearNMonkey

Answer by MissBearNMonkey at 9:33 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• MissBearnMonkey, I honestly don't know what he should have done. But he should NOT have spent billions of dollars that didn't exist (same goes for Bush). Anyone living on a budget knows you put yourself in a much worse situation when you spend above your means.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:37 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I do not like this guy, but even I heard him say "i will take money from all if I have to, to get things done" he said this 6-months before he became the President. He wants NO ONE to have money so you can depend on the government. He will take away you freedom for CHANGE!!!!

I just think it is funny how people just do know who they vote for!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:38 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• He should have lowered taxes not borrowed us into astronomical debt. Themarket would be recovering if he had not injected all this debt. The market is also troubled and staying down because of the threat of costs from tax and cap and healthcare.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:39 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I would much rather prefer going through a depression and struggling and eventually pulling ourselves out of it by hard work, then the government taxing us until we have nothing. Taxes don't go away. They stay and more will be added. We will always be struggling and poor if we are taxed heavily. A depression is temporary!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:40 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I agree with both Micheledo and Carpy. He is NOT helping the defecit by taxing the middle class even more now. It will only make it worse. If you think no-one is spending their money now...just wait.
    And he can now add our home to the lovely, growing foreclosure list. We cannot do a higher payment again, due to taxes.
    sunnymom3

Answer by sunnymom3 at 9:43 AM on Aug. 3, 2009