Mattresses?????

How long should a mattress last?? It was on the cheaper side. About 6 to 7 years ago my hubby and I bought one and I'm now having issues sleeping. I've even tried a new pillow for a few nights and still I wake up with a stiff neck. Could this be from the mattress? I think so. We will flip it before bed tonight or I will try to do it myself today but PLEASE any suggestions?? My mom said it sounds like we need to flip it and possbily buy a new one. I really didn't want to shell out 1K on a new mattress since we want to spend what we have saved to renovate our stairs. Anyway, PLEASE HELP!!!

rocamom

Asked by rocamom at 9:24 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Health

• We flop our mattress the first day of every season. We have had it for over 14 years, and it is still awesome.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:17 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I think you're supposed to flip mattresses at least every 6 months.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:25 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• It depends on the matress whether or not you are suppose to flip them. I had a matress bought for me in my freshman year of college which was 12 years ago. I had it up until last year when my dad was giving up his queen size (mine was only a full) but it was still a great mattress that had life left. I had flipped it once to twice a year. Unfortunately the mattresses nowadays alot are one sided making it impossible to flip it, but you can still turn them. If you do have one you can flip, flip them then also turn them so that you are sleeping at the opposite end. When did your sleep issues start. Most people have problems in their back if its the mattress. Do you have an air conditioner in your room? Many people I know get stiff from the cold air of an airconditioner. If it does end up being your mattress you can buy those memory foam toppers. You could try those to get you by the next few years.
    ashleysmommy123

Answer by ashleysmommy123 at 11:23 AM on Aug. 5, 2009