Does your DH get mad at you for not listening but really he is the one that doesn't listen?

I know this probably seems really petty but I was so frustrated yesterday. I just wanted to see if anyone else was in the same boat. When DH gets home from work he will tell me about his day. Usually as he talks I am making dinner and still dealing with the kids (they are 1 and 2). But I can listen to him while I do everything else. He doesn't think I can. I will even repeat what he says and if I don't happen to hear I ask him to repeat it and not act like I do hear him. So yesterday he goes to the store to get ice and nose spray. He comes back with all these bags. Says I didn't answer my cell phone so he didn't know if we had these things or not. Things have been tight for us lately and my sil just bought us some groceries, enough that I wasn't going grocery shopping this week. She brought hamburger, so I told him I was going to make meatloaf and he could have that for sandwiches, he bought lunch meat. (cont.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• She bought us two loaves of bread and I had just bought one the day before so I told him we would be having french toast and such for dinner this week to use the bread. He bought a loaf of bread. Then I made a hot milk sponge cake last night. He said "oh, that is nice, I didn't know you were going to make that". My sil also bought us 2 gallons of milk and I had just bought one so I told him earlier that I was going to make the cake to use some of the milk. Ugh, it was just so frustrating. If he had thought about it (or had listened), he wouldn't have bought half the things he did. Just wondering if anyone else's DH does this. I guess this is more than a vent then a question. Sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Oh MY GOODNESS, I am so with you. My SO never listens and if he does hear something it's what he wants to hear. It drives me CRAZY and I sceam at him for it. I am in the same boat on this one with you. I swear men have a listening problem. My SO is 60% deaf but trust me he can hears me, when I speak. I have a big month :~)
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:43 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• freeze the bread and pour the milk into freezer bags and freeze the milk. It's all good. Not worth getting frustrated over. Kiss him and tell him how thoughtful he is and get on with it.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:16 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• mine is always getting caught not listening, when he says he was listening i say oh what did i just say? he never answers right. i must admit though at times i tune him out cause he talks about stupid stuff like his old buddy days or skateboarding. he sees i'm not listening and i just admit it. what i don't like is that i tell him important things. like we had some cabinets to put up and i said no i want them there. i want them over here. i said i want them over the garage door button. so what does he do. that is exactly where he put it and now i have to live with it. it just annoys me cause i have to either do it myself or have him redo it. worst of all have my brother fix it. i tell him you need to take these papers fax this but add this to cover page or that etc and he never does it right. also i hate that he always calls me about every little thing like he can't make decisions i guess he is trying not to screw it up.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:54 PM on Aug. 3, 2009