Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What type of insurance can i get?

I'm a new mom and when i was pregnant, i applied for medical assistance. I talked to a lady thru the county and she assured me to cancel my already insurance (bluecross) so i did but i was later denied MA b/c i'm under 21 and still live at home. I got the hospital bill taken care of but i need insurance for my DD. I'm currently unemployed. My daughter is only 2 months old and i need insurance fairly fast. I live in Minnesota. Anyone know of some type of insurance i could apply for/ get???
Suggestions are greatly appreciated! :)

Answer Question

Asked by discoveringme89 at 9:39 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Health

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • Take a class at a local university and sign up for the medical insurance offered to students; this will be much less expensive than any other private insurance and you can work towards a college degree.

    Answer by rkoloms at 10:15 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

  • You should still be able to get medicaid living at home. I got it for my son and I lived with my parents. There are many young adults who live with their parents and still get medicaid for themselves and their children. The only other thing is to try and find a job that has medical benefits.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:00 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.