How come you can be Dying & have many Symptoms?

Being Ill.. One thing after another goes wrong.. I mean for real things! You wait to see A DR. By the time you go in. The symptoms are eased up or Better! Why is that? I know I had A Friend who had Heart troubles. They never caught it. Each time she'd go in she'd be Fine! Finally she got in & they caught it & repaired her issues! Anyone Else have Serious problems. Wait to be seen and then you appear to be Well? What can you do?? I'm the one that doesn't go in unless I'm close to Dying & feel that Way. No insurance at all! What Tests can show my Female issues? Low Blood Iron, Dizzy? Heavy Bleeding for over 7 Weeks! What Can I ask for? At my Pap. Test? I don't want to hog the DR. this is my one Shot! First time being seen since '05. A free Clinic didn't help or answer any of my concerns!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 9:42 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Health

• That is sooooo true every time I'm in some kind of pain and go see the Doctor the pain will go away. And then they always say you look to happy to be in pain. I look like I'm lying. I'm still here so I guess some of my pain I have felt i guess it is my body just getting old :(
    When you see the Doctor just tell them you haven't got checked in a few years. Start taking fast tell them about the bleeding etc. That should let them know they need to look harder. Make sure they also check your breasts.

gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:55 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Start off by saying that you're dizzy, then say about the bleeding for 7 weeks. If you keep it as simple as you can maybe your symptoms won't get lost. I hope you feel much better soon.

Answer by Bmat at 10:01 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• One thing that I find helpful is to make a written list before visiting the doctor. This way you remember to get in all of your questions and symptoms and nothing has a chance to slip your mind.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 10:20 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Hi! I agree. Make a list. Also, I want to say that You are important! Don't feel like you are going to hog the dr's time. You need answers, and you are paying for the dr's time...Get your money's worth. Don't leave until you are satisfied that your concerns have been heard. It may also help to take a close friend with you for support and an extra pair of ears. Most times we are nervous and don't hear everything the doc says, so having someone just be there for you is a big help. I hope you get your answers. Blessings! Salli
    happiday

Answer by happiday at 1:57 PM on Aug. 3, 2009