what should i do the legal system is whack

three months ago i pick my daughter up from daycare like every other day. give her a bedtime shower and i notice bruises every where i asked her what happened she told me her daycare teacher pinched and shoved her at nap timebcuz she didn't want to nap. it was a replacement teacher , my daughter is 5 and doesn't nap anymore its part of the stage. anyways we go to the police station file charges against the woman . 1 month later a detective calls use we meet with him he takes kiara's (my daughter) statement. just now today 3 months later they tell me the criminal prosecutor decided not to press charges. wtffff!!!! i cant believe this. and on top of it the woman still works there. well as of today my daughter will no longer return i let her continue going under the condition they woman is not to be near my daughter. Can you believe it Canada seriously is the place when criminals get away with everything. if it were me who lost m

kimfrommontreal

Asked by kimfrommontreal at 9:47 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I'm surprised you still had her in there till now. Can you file a civil suit? I would also report her to the board.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I know what you are going through. My son told me on the way home that his teacher hit him with her shoe and another teacher slammed him down on his mat at naptime. I slammed my breaks and called the daycare immediately. Well, one of the teachers found out that I called the director and told the teachers that night. By the time I came to meet with the director, the teachers had a nice little story all made up. I had one of the teachers pull me to the side and told me not to pursue it because one parent did and actually pressed charges against the teacher and the daycare hired a lawyer and the judge dismissed the case. The lawyer made the teacher look like the victim and made the mom look like the one at fault. I did not call the police but I sure did call the License and certification board and filed a complaint. It didn't do much good, but I am glad that my son no longer has to put up with that crap now.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:57 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• You guys did let Karla Holmoka get out of prison after only a few years. Not real strong on crime. I wonder how many other children this woman will hurt. You can still do something and let the other moms and dads know what she did to your child. The center might be forced to get rid of her once other parents realize they have an abuser working with their kid. Write your local paper as well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Try calling whatever agency licenses daycares in your area and report the abuse. You should have pictures, dates, times and what your daughter says. You could also talk to the director of the daycare about what is going on.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:17 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Your biggest mistake was allowing your daughter to return to the daycare .. Regardless of the reason you did it you are basically telling them it isn't serious enough for you to take your child out of the center so why should they take it serious enough to press charges? ..
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 3:10 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• well the owner of the daycare is on the board of directors so no help there already tried that route. they too had a nice story made up when i returned they said bcuz she had a college degree she wouldnt do such a thing bullsh**. The readon i let my daughter return is bcuz i am a single mom who works and without my job i wouldnt be able to pay anything. The waitting lists are 2 years for daycare here in wuebec. The teacher was a temp like i said was there maybe once a month. ANd to tell you the truth i didnt want to send her back there are you kidding however my daughters father (boyfriend t the time ) made me.
    kimfrommontreal

Answer by kimfrommontreal at 5:34 PM on Aug. 3, 2009