Would you call CPS for a child saying "rape"???

There is a post going and it's really ridiculous. Everyone is telling this poor old woman to call CPS on a child, that she doesn't even talk to or have anything to do with the family. He's 8 yrs old, has a MySpace, and posts "rape" as his away message. I mean, like, WTF? He probably thinks it's a curse word, lol! Why in the world would you call CPS on something like this??

Mick86Sara

Asked by Mick86Sara at 9:54 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I kind of think its funny, the fact that the OP of the other post went to a website instead of doing something with an outcome, other than having tons of "hate" comments. Kids use words they don't know the meaning of ALL the time. And most of you are right, its probably nothing to contact CPS about. But the first thing that popped into my mind, is where did the kid hear that word, anyways?
    takula

Answer by takula at 11:12 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Because people think CPS needs to be involved in everything right down to if you don't change your underwear. I agree he probably doesn't even know what it means.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Isn't there a minimum age limit for having a myspace? I'm fairly sure there is one for facebook and it's like 12 or 13.

Answer by missanc at 9:57 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• http://www.cafemom.com/answers/262339/An_8_year_old_boy_puts_rape_as_his_away_message_on_his_myspace_He_comes_from_a_very_dysfunctional_fa?cat_id=&next=1#r_foot
    Mick86Sara

Answer by Mick86Sara at 9:58 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Yeah the minimum age is 13 yrs old. She said they're 4 yr old even has a MySpace. Like, seriously??? That's effin' ridiculous, lol.
    Mick86Sara

Answer by Mick86Sara at 9:59 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• his parent should be checking his my space and also why does he have a account with my space?? I think that is to young.
    CPS should not be called!!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:00 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Thats ridiclous, atleast do some research on the family. When my sister was in grade school she drew a picture of a family friend and wrote chock underneath of him. Well apprarently the teacher thought Chock was close enough to C*ck and called a meeting with my parents and police officers and principles and teachers. Only to find out that she drew a picture of my uncles friend chuck. She was is KINDERGARDEN sorry if her spelling was a little off. The school apolgized to my family for months but it still doesn't make up for being accused of a crime like that for a simple spelling error!!!
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 10:02 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• That is a red flag for me and my step-daughter is 8 and she knows that rape is not a swear word and wear did he even hear the word. Children that have a myspace account need to be 13 and even that is to young. This myspace and facebook shit is out of hand and causes A LOT of problems with children and adults.. The parent/s don't sound like they are watching there child..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• bc we can't risk it

Answer by admckenzie at 10:20 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Ok, why does CPS have to be drawn into everything? Did anybody stop to think that he is using that word BECAUSE his parents told him not to? They may not even know he has the account. True, they should probably watch him better, but that is no reason to call CPS. Now, if he were being raped, then yeah, please call. Or did anybody stop to think, maybe the parents made the account to keep relatives up to date and they think it's fun that the away message says that?
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:50 AM on Aug. 3, 2009