I am so helpless!!!! Please begging please help me!!

My son is 3 and a half.. and he is the biggest pain in the ass!! I love him but OMG!!
Ok my biggest probelm is this. He wakes up gets up and pees on hios floor..
I KNOW he can make it to the bathroom. he has been "trained" for about 6 months, and has done VERY well.
The only big change is his sister is due to be born anyday now :) I am due the 20th..
he has done this in the past and I fixed it but now trying the same way he wont stop...
its soooo nasty. I can't run the shampooer right now and hubby wont lol.
I have made him clean it up I've "grounded" him.. yeah how can you ground a 3 year old with a mom that cant walk lol.. I have taken away all goodies. no cookies or frozen friutcycles (home made popcycles) and pink milk.. this kid is pissing me off!!
he and his sister will share a room and his room stinks..
PLease PLEASE help me!!!!!

TravisJohnsmama

Asked by TravisJohnsmama at 9:58 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Sounds like he is trying to "mark" his territory.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 10:00 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• it sounds like he is upset about the new baby....this is normal though....try to have special one on one time with him...also look into big sibling classes...my hospital offered them..it prepares the child (even one that young) with the idea of a new baby!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 10:03 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• yeah.. miss the part where she said she was due anyday..... baby will be here before she can get him in!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• OP~
    Mythic thats funny
    hahahaha good one my DH said that too.. its true tho if ya think about it lol
    TravisJohnsmama

Answer by TravisJohnsmama at 10:05 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• you need to keep a closer eye on him. When he gets up try to be there and take him to the bathroom. It will be hard but that will help.
    Do not take away his things and don't get so angry that will make things worse. Just make him help you clean up. It is very normal for kids to fall back when things change. You are getting ready for the new baby, that is a very big change. He feels left out. Get him to help you with the little things getting the room ready for his new sister. Get him excited.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:12 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I'd give him his toys back as he helps you get the room ready for the baby. He's seeing his things go out and the baby's things come in and taking over. Even at 3 they can see change a comin'. Maybe he could pick out the sheet to put on the crib and get a couple toys back for helping. Maybe let him decide which sheets he would like on his bed since he's the big brother.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:33 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• he already does all that tho. he choses his bedding and blankets every week.
    he never wets the bed. heck he even helped me re arange his own room to where he wanted his bed.
    TravisJohnsmama

Answer by TravisJohnsmama at 10:40 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• i be spanking him if he was my kid if nothing else is working...as far as the stink goes try to get ferbreez made for animals that stuff really works i use it on my dds bed when she has accidents or get a mild rug cleaner, a bucked and a scrub brush and make him scrub the floor
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 10:48 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• It is quite normal for a child to regress when they are faced with major life changes. The changes are scary to them, they don't understand 100% of what is going on, just that things will not be the same. Toilet training regression in these situations is not uncommon, rather than continue with the power struggle which is doing nothing more than upsetting both you and your son, maybe until the baby comes and life falls into a pattern it would help to go back to letting him sleep in pull ups at night. It won't make it a permanent change, when the baby comes and your son realizes you still love him as much as you did, and he starts being a big brother and a helper you can step it back up and put him back in underwear at night. Don't sweat the small stuff, and don't borrow stress, it will all work out! Congratulations on the baby.
    laceykat

Answer by laceykat at 12:17 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• My son did the same thing when my other son was about to be born. A couple of months later and he was back to potty trained again. Maybe switch to pullups until he stops wetting himself and tell him when he can be a big boy again, then he can have his big boy underwear back. It worked for my DS at least along with the promise of school (I'd tell him he couldn't go to school if he didn't go on the potty all the time).
    ashers_mommy_

Answer by ashers_mommy_ at 1:46 AM on Aug. 4, 2009