UTI at 36.4 weeks?

I have heard that UTI's can sometimes cause premature labor... what is the chance of that?

Also, do you think it will be fine til Thurs to see my doc? I called the doc today... I think I have had a UTI for the past couple of days (I get frequent UTI's, but not within the last 4-5 months...) I have had lower abdominal pain while urinating, increased discharge, some cramping (not with contractions) and frequent urintation...

The apt line asked if I could wait til Thursday which is my next apt at 37 weeks. Do you think that is fine?

What are the chance of going into preterm labor with a uti close to 37 weeks?

shannonwooten

Asked by shannonwooten at 10:04 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it is not preterm labor after 36 weeks. They will not stop any labor after 36 weeks. If you do have a UTI and you are not contracting that is good- I had a UTI at 29 weeks and it caused contractions, so they gave me some meds to stop them- as well as an anti-biotic. But if you are 37 weeks you will most likely get the anti-biotic only.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• The only way I know I have a UTI (between visits) is I start having contraction. For UTI, my midwife put me on Knudsen's Just Cranberry juice (or you could take cranberry capsules). It cleared up my UTI without use of antibiotics. You can get started on that now (I took 3 oz, 1 oz at a time during the day and 3 oz at night just as I was going to bed) and talk with your DR abou the next step. It has to be JUST cranberry juice (because it contains NO sugary or other juices).
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 11:46 AM on Aug. 3, 2009