What jobs can a Mom get that she can bring her kids with her?

I am looking to go back to work part time. I need to be able to bring my children as we would not be able to pay for childcare.. So, I am wondering what jobs there are that I can bring my two boys? They are still little 3 and 1 years old.

I have looked at School bus driver, Daycare.. And that is just about as far as I can go before my mind go blank...

Neeters1

Asked by Neeters1 at 10:04 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

• Daycare or preschool.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• There are a few companies that have on-site daycare.

Do you have a friend, neighbor or family member you can trade childcare with?

Have you looked for a job working nights, like security or in a hospital, and your children can stay home with Dad? Or you can work from home. You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org .

Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest.

cont.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:09 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with three lines of business; I am doing lead generation for a sales and service organization; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching

Answer by rkoloms at 10:10 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• full time baby sitting in your home.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:15 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• You could babysit at your home or do several other work-at-home type jobs.

I make extra money working online. I've cleared over 14k in the last year, it's not a way to get rich, but you can avoid retail/fast food jobs by doing it. You can see what I'm doing at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/ if you're interested. (Everything posted is free)

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 10:15 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• If you work at a daycare you will still have to Pay for daycare for your kids, you get a discount but you are still paying.
    The best thing for me was when I found out a way to be able to bring in income from home. I get to stay home with my 1yr old little girl and take care of her and the house and still bring in an income. I am also 30 weeks pregnant and so relieved to know I won't be going back to work after this little girl is born.
    I work VERY P/T, basically when my daughter naps or the hubby gets home to play with her. But the income is great and the work is not hard, I do 90% off my work online :) so you can do it at anytime.
    There is NO cold calling-No selling and they offer Daily Pay, Benefits, Tons of great discounts for us at retailers nationwide and online.
    The training is awesome and done through the phone and online and they give us 4 websites that are managed for us to market :) ChristinaLDennis@gmail.com
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 10:16 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• If you work at a daycare you will still have to Pay for daycare for your kids, you get a discount but you are still paying

no, i worked at a daycare and my dd got to go for free
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:31 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I work at home with a legitimate company! I love what I do and the company I partnered with! With our company we offer you a free website, free training and a free personal mentor to help you reach your financial goals. We have just won the Blue Torch Award from the BBB, the Hall of Fame award and also have been listed in the Inc. 500 magazine all for our integrity and ethics. So this is a very reputable company that you can count on! If you are interested in learning more go to www.workathomeunited.com/heathers
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 11:09 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• the only think I can think of is what you already thought off. i would say maybe if you can find a PT night job and have you DH watch the kids but I'm sure he wont and if he does he will complain about it all the time.
    wiener

Answer by wiener at 11:11 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Find a daycare to work at! It would be great for the boys to have others to play with and you get more adult interaction while having them around. I pay $40wk total to have both girls with me at work-it just comes out of my check. Look into home daycares that need helpers! You are more likely to get free or major discounted care there if your also working! Good luck
    luvmybaby

Answer by luvmybaby at 11:27 AM on Aug. 3, 2009