My 9 month old grinding teeth?

Hi,
My 9 month old baby girl has 2 teeth on top (a 3rd coming in) and 4 below! Every once in a while I swear I hear her grinding her teeth, is this normal, I don't want her to get into this habit, ideas?

bethgl

Asked by bethgl at 10:06 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It was a phase that all 3 on mine went through. It didn't last long thankfully because I hate that sound! It's just something new about their bodies and that's one way to "explore" it.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 10:28 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• My son does that to, then he stopped for awhile then started again at 12 months. It sounds and feels funny and plus they like the attention they get out of you when they do it. I just don't pay attention to it anymore and he hasn't done it for a while. I hate that noise lol!
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 10:29 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• My 2 year old does it when she gets excited giving hugs. I asked her doctor who said that kids at this age group just like the way it feels sometimes (hard to believe!) and that if it continues until she is a bit older I should bring it to her dentist's attention to get a bite plate. At this age, however, there isn't much to do to stop it except give them things to gnaw on!
    jennir285

Answer by jennir285 at 2:01 PM on Aug. 7, 2009