how long does a hangover last????

I did a bit of drinking at my cousins wedding on Sat. night, I didn't feel drunk. I came home, went to bed, woke up and felt fine until about 5pm after slurping down a huge ice coffee. It's now 10 am and I still feel like I want to throw up everytime I move around. I'm 30 years old and don't drink much at all (every few months or so) My stomach is growling because I'm hungry, but when I eat I feel worse.... My god, is this what my hangovers have turned into???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Health

• Hangovers get worse the older you get. I've found that eating either Cheerios without the milk or McD's french fries when hungover seems to help. Not that that helps everyone, but it does help me. The iced coffee was probably not such a good idea.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:24 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• What did you drink? Maybe it isn't agreeing with you. Or did you mix different drinks? I always take Excedrin and drink lots of water. Try eating something lite like toast with butter.
    SyndiB

Answer by SyndiB at 10:24 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Hangovers are caused by dehydration, so drink lots of water. If you can eat, try something greasy bc the grease will help things get moving ( Waffle House philly cheese steaks used to be my favorite!). A hangover that lasts over 24 hours is not a hangover unless you went on a week's binge. I would go see a doctor if it does. Good luck!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 10:50 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I discovered in college that often I wouldnt get a hangover the day after drinking, but rather 2 days after I drank. Drink lots and lots of water.
    AshlieTolliver

Answer by AshlieTolliver at 11:07 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I eat anything with grease to cure a hangover. Hashbrowns with extra butter, fried eggs, sausage or bacon. Greasy cheeseburgers and fries and then LOTS of water.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:55 AM on Aug. 3, 2009