Get A Movin'

What's a cure for the lazy spouse?

SeedsOfLove

Asked by SeedsOfLove at 10:18 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• A GOOD KICK IN THE ASS :~)
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 10:19 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• That was quite hilarious! %^)
    SeedsOfLove

Answer by SeedsOfLove at 10:22 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• What do you need him to do?
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 10:25 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• make the task you want done interesting or at least make it a challenge. Men love to be challenged. They are also competitive. Tell him the neighbor did it in x amt of minutes and see if he can "break the record".

Answer by admckenzie at 11:14 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• yeah, pretty sure, I'd start with an incentive. If it were a big project, like, fixing the porch steps, offer something.

Or just ask, "Honey, what would it take for you to do such and such?" If he gets smart, smile slyly and tell him you'll rub his back or play with his hair...

If he is the "I can do it, just don't want to" kind of guy, tell him something to the effect of, "I don't think you can do such and such by the time I finish whatever else!"
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:08 PM on Aug. 3, 2009