How can I get rid of hip pain?

I'm 7 months pregnant and the past few weeks I keep getting really bad pain in my hips at night. I've tried sleeping with a pillow between my legs but that didn't work either. Does anyone have any ideas?

msnicole88

Asked by msnicole88 at 10:19 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's your hips spreading in preparation for the baby. Have you tried a warm bath before bed?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:25 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Warm baths, a heatin pad, a big one= streching!!!! it works try it! GL & GOD BLESS
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 10:25 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• welcome to pregnancy, nothing you can do
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Try prenatal yoga, it love the stretching. And it will help your body as it shifts for birth.
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 11:40 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• This is very normal, but try physical therapy. I don't know where you live, but I went to Women's Health Physical Therapy by the Chesterfield Towne Center. They do massage, and teach you exercises and stretches you can do to keep the pain at a minimum. Best of all, it's covered by insurance!!!!! Look them up in the phone book or on their website! Good luck.
    ARoseisaRose1

Answer by ARoseisaRose1 at 4:06 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Go to the chiropractor! Mine started with hip pain which turned into sciatic nerve pain until I finally went, two adjustments and I was cured. I even got adjusted in early labor and it made the back labor go away!
    RyaMamaRN

Answer by RyaMamaRN at 7:17 AM on Aug. 4, 2009