Does a bride wear her engagement ring to her wedding?

My sister is about to get married and she thinks that she doesn't wear any ring at all to the wedding, but I think she's supposed to. Is there a rule on this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I dont think there is a rule, but I wore mine. And then after the wedding i put the band on first, then the engagement ring. Whatever she is comfortable with, its her wedding.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:25 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• i didn't... my mom held on to mine before the wedding and after i put it on by my band
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Some do, some don't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• i didnt wear mine during the service but wore both during pictures
    hottietottie455

Answer by hottietottie455 at 11:06 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• According to the bridal handbook (yes, I had one, LOL), you ARE supposed to wear your engagement ring, but NOT on your left ring finger. You're supposed to wear it on your RIGHT ring finger. Who knows why, though. Some people wear it on their left though.
    Mick86Sara

Answer by Mick86Sara at 11:07 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I wore mine on my right ring finger. It is so that the wedding band can be slipped onto the left ring finger, then the engagement ring put on next, so that the wedding band is near to the heart, or more logically, so the engagement ring can be removed when needed for grubby work or washing up without needing to remove the wedding band, too. The engagement ring is usually more elaborate and bigger and so would catch sticky or nasty stuff.

Answer by Bmat at 11:16 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• My sister did at her wedding. That's all I know.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 11:23 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Your engagement ring goes on your right hand during the ceremony and then after the ceremony you move it over top of your wedding band.

Answer by missanc at 1:05 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Yep, wear it on the right ring finger... because the wedding band is supposed to go on your left ring finger first (to be on the inside) and then you switch the engagement ring back over to go on top of the wedding band.
    ddmac314

Answer by ddmac314 at 1:39 PM on Aug. 3, 2009