TMI...BREAST

I AM CURRENTLY 39 WEEKS PREGNANT AND HAVE BEEN LEAKING FOR THE LAST COUPLE OF MONTHS. WHEN I SPOKE TO MY DR SHE SAID IT WAS FINE TO JUST KEEP MY NIPPLES CLEAN AND DRY. WELL FOR THE LAST TWO DAYS MY LEFT NIPPLE HAS BEEN VERY SORE TO THE TOUCH AND I NOTICED THERE IS A RAW SPOT ON IT (LIKE THE SKIN HAS CRACKED) ANY ADVISE ON HOW TO DEAL WITH THIS OR WHAT I CAN USE TO HELP???

TashaMarie349

Asked by TashaMarie349 at 11:08 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Put some Aquaphor on it. :]
    That's what I did with mine. Works like a charm.
    You can also do Neosporin if it's not raw cracked skin.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 11:13 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• You can even use chapstick if you don't have the other things. You should get some lanolin breast cream. It is wonderful. I would also start wearing nursing pads.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:20 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Lanolin ointment. You can find it in the baby section of Walmart or Target. It works wonders. I wouldn't put neosporin on your nipples, especially after the baby starts nursing. Lanolin ( comes in a purple tube with Lansinoh on it ) is what you want. You could also try cooling gel pads
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 11:30 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• That stuff your leaking? Should be colostrum. Rub some on your nipple and let it air dry.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 11:44 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• lanolin works great. it'll be usefull when nursing too and is save for baby to ingest.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Lanolin IS awesome. If it wasn't for that stuff I would have given up breastfeeding.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 1:40 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I really wish someone had told me about lanolin when i was still pregnant! that stuff is a life saver! i really think that i wouldnt have been able to continue breastfeeding if it werent for the lanolin ointment!
    bobcatsmommy

Answer by bobcatsmommy at 5:13 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• you can use lanolin or just rub the colostrum in. it should help too.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 11:26 AM on Aug. 4, 2009