Have you finally left a cheater/liar/abuser? How did u cope?

I FINALLY did it last night. For good this time. We used to say "always and forever". But that meant always and forever if you respect me and love me. This is going to be hard without the support, but I know I can do it. Tons of women before me have. And chances are, there's always going to be someone more perfect than the one you're with. I will find that perfect man. Until then, my twins have no father.

dennysgirl07

Asked by dennysgirl07 at 11:29 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• YOu will be so much happier. I left my husband 4 yrs ago and it has been alot of work. I grow everyday and feel so much stronger now. Your kids will be better off in a safe enviroment. Please dont go looking for a new guy right away. Take time to put yourself back together and build a good family with your kids. Its ok to be alone! YOu have made the first step in respecting yourself...you deserve it keep it up. Msg me if you need somone to talk to.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:35 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• leaving my ex was the best decision i could ever make for myself and my children. we are SO much happier now, and i have found a guy that treats me like a queen...good luck to you, stay strong, you will be happier!
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 11:36 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I left my ex husband a little over 2 years ago. I just finally got tired of the fighting, him lying about EVErYTHING, he cheated on me when I was 8 months pregnant and he was in CA in the Marines, and just all the verbal abuse. It washard at first but my family was very supportive and I stayed with my mom for about 10 months til I had the resources to live on my own and over time I completely got over him. Last summer I finally met someone who was perfect for me and treats my daughter like his own and we are expecting #2 in February. I have been exactly where you are so just stay strong and I promise it does get better. No one deserves to live with someone like that and I knew I didn't have to put up with it so I didn't.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 11:45 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I changed the locks after finding my ex husband in bed with another woman. Not easy but I have moved on. My ex is a plastic surgeon so my settlement was substantial. We got married in our first year of college so he earned all his money while with me. It still stings a bit when I drop my 3 kids off. They love their dad and I would never do anything to hurt that relationship. The other woman is now the new wife. She is a bit snippy to me but is nice to my kids so I let it go. We have joint custody and it works for the kids. I am engaged to a really nice man. He is everything my ex wasn't. He is away right now does work with Doctor's without borders we will marry when he gets back. My ex was a cold person and not fun I feel bad for his new wife from what I have been told he has humiliated her in public many times now. He is also having an affair with a secretary at his office. She did me a favor taking the loser.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I know its hard on you right now but when you look back a year from now, you'll realize that you made the best possible choice for you and your children...keep in mind that the kids do have a father, he just isn't in the home and handling the day to day life...but they do have a father...secondly, before going into another relationship, clean out all the junk from this relationship so you'll know whether or not the next man is the right man...GL
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 1:52 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• kudos to you for begin so strong. i wish you the very best of luck for you and your family.
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 2:18 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Wow i know it is hard but i was 8 months pregnant when my boyfriend left me for his ex-girlfriend who is now 7 months pregnant with his Son and our daughter is 5 and our son will be 6 months on the 9th but, he is a dog, he cheated, he hit me while i was pregnant, and i tried to leave plenty of times but he was staying with me and he use to tell me i not going anywhere. when he left me i felt free and i will never go back to that ever again!!! Thank U i love waking up to my kids next to me, not no man.. I love the single life right now because all my focus is on me and my kids. i am learning how to be a woman and mother all over again and i will not chance that for nuting in the world. It hurts but as long as you put it in GOD hands and ask him for strength it will happened.Sometimes i get lonely because i always wanted my kids to grow up with the two family home you know that fantasy life. i just realized nobody DO!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Aug. 3, 2009