37 weeks, no fetal movement this morning, decreased yesterday

I understand that movement slows down a bit around 37 weeks since there is not a lot of room for the baby to move...

I am 36.4 weeks pregnant... am I just being a worry wart? Usually my baby is very very active all throughout the day. Yesterday, I only felt her a few times, def not as much as usual. Now today, I have been up since 8am and it is now 1030 am and I have felt one very slight movement around 945, and that's it. I ate around 930- fruit loops and had a cold glass of milk... she usually is very active after I eat.
The last 2-3 days I have been a little crampy, no unusual braxton hicks contractions... I think the cramps might be from a UTI?

I am very concerned since this is not normal for my baby at all! Am I just worrying too much?

shannonwooten

Asked by shannonwooten at 11:34 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Probably you are worrying too much. But just in case, and to ease your fears, go to the doctor and get checked.

Answer by Bmat at 11:36 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• call ob and go in asap, it may be fine but better to be safe
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 11:37 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• dont panic yet...but you are doing the right thing....if the baby doesnt move again by dinnertime...head to the docs...it could be nothing though....at this state there is less and less room for the baby to move so they dont move as much as they used to....
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 11:37 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• My doctor told me towards the end of pregnancy they start behaving more like "newborns" and sleep 90% of the time. You can always call your OB to see if they want you to come in to get checked. You know your baby's behavior best and follow your instinct. I called my OB one morning when I was 38 weeks and they told me drink juice, eat protein, etc. I did all that and my baby was still barely moving (not like him). They had me go to the hospital and after a non-stress test and biophysical exam took me in for an emergency c-section. He had the cord around his neck about 4x.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 11:44 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I wouldn't worry - it's normal for movements to slow down near the end of the pregnancy. If you do get concerned, call your OB and see if they can bring you in for some fetal monitoring.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:00 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Drink some orange juice and see if that helps. Sugar tends to wake them up
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:23 PM on Aug. 3, 2009