Can someone please tell me about breastfeeding thanks

I just have so many questions lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• - I NEVER leaked!!! Every one is different.
    - Sex-- I didnt wear a bra. DH could still play with them like normal he just didnt suck since he was weird about taking babies food! LOL (some husbands LUV breastmilk! It is said to taste like cereal milk)
    -Buy/check out at the library as many nursing books as you can!
    - When you have baby ask for a lactation consultant. I had one come in every 2hrs to help me! It was great!
    -Join a BF group on CM! There will be tons of advice to read through!
    -Dont let others scare you out of nursing! No its not a piece of cake at first, but believe me- the rewards (for yourself & baby) --physically & mentally are VERY worth it!
    -feel free to PM me!
    -Good Luck & congrats!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:53 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• what do u need to know?
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 11:49 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• lol narrow it down a little :)
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 11:50 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I know this sounds dumb but with my other kids I bottle feed them and really want to breastfeed my last one one question is I heard when you hear a baby cry rather its yours or not your breasts will leak more like wanting to feed the child is this a myth

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• also what about having sex after a while will I need to keep my bra on I know this is crazy but I was just wondering

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Yeah u do leak when the baby cries but is usually because a baby cries around about feeding time.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 11:53 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Yep I kept my bra on better safe than sorry. Breast milk flying alll over hubby is a turn off
    kirsty_mcgrail

• LOl Okay I can handle that I'm sorry to sound so dumb ladies I just have no clue and thought Id ask lol

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• LOL yeah I agree I was just thinking wait a min what about sex lol also what should I use for pain hot or cold packs on them

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Oh girl..I breastfed my son and it was not a walk in the park that's for sure. He latched on and everything its the cracked sore nipples that are the worst. If your going to breastfeed get the breast shells, it prevents your nipples from getting so sore. It also can help women that have inverted nipples like myself. I breastfed my son for only 3 months because its just so overwhelming. I had trouble getting up 5 times a night and then doing it all day long. If you breastfeed while your son or daughter is on one nipples pump the other because if you doing your other nipples will just leak and leak when you could litteraly have enough for a bottle. Everytime my son cried my breast leaked. When i got engorged i pumped and took a warm shower and the pain went away. All i have to say is its very time consuming but worth it if you can stick with it. Its better for the baby. Gl
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 11:55 AM on Aug. 3, 2009