What is the equitte for quitting daycare?

I've always had them quit on me and not me on them. These people have had my son for over a year and have done a decent job. Do I give them anything for appreciation on his last day or just say thanks?

Kalebs_Momma

Asked by Kalebs_Momma at 12:13 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If they have done a good job and you are leaving on good terms a small gift would be nice. You never know when you may need them again so it is nice to show you appreciated them. Even a gift card to Subway or soemthing in nice and if it is multiple teachers you can make hem $5 each. If it is a home daycare I would give them soemthing nicer. Maybe a hanging basket or Yankee candle.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:16 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I would give them at least 2 weeks notice, a month would be really nice. I would have your son make them a cute little card. If they've done a good job then they have more than likely formed a relationship with them. I used to work in daycare and it was sad for me when kids would leave. I loved the "goodbye" cards with their little picture in it and a nice message
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 12:16 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• If you feel you should give them something, maybe a picture of Kaleb with them? Or just a framed pic of him? I don't think you need to go overboard. (but I have absolute NO experience in this field LOL)

So, this means you've decided on a preschool huh?!!! Mya starts in Sept too!! Can you believe we are Mom's of preschoolers???? :(((
    MeloBrown

Answer by MeloBrown at 12:17 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I gave them a month's notice and a long thank you card...I didn't give a gift, but I was so upset to leave them! We still miss them....(we moved).
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:20 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• 1mo-2wk notice would be nice...
    If you want to give something then do it! :) But its not expected.. Its acceptable just to say thanks in person, but its always great to give gifts of appreciation. ..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:40 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I gave a two weeks notice and just said Thanks for everything. They knew I wanted to stay home with my son. The last daycare he was in was the best. He was in 3 different ones. It wasn't anything the staff did wrong, He was just getting sick often and I wanted to stay home with him while I can. So I told them and said thanks they were really nice. I gave his teacher a gift for Christmas but that was it. He was at this daycare for almost a year. The other two a year combined.
    LandonsMom321

Answer by LandonsMom321 at 1:51 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Check into the daycare's policy about exiting. I know with Andrew's daycare, I need to give them at least 2 weeks notice, otherwise they have the right to charge me for 2 weeks, whether he is there or not.

As far as the gift goes, when Andrew left his old daycare, I just gave his teacher a nice card..but this time, I dont think I am going to do anything, just b/c there is too many of them. If I gave one person something I would have to give all 5 something!!!
    Lauren326

Answer by Lauren326 at 2:49 PM on Aug. 3, 2009